November 2014 Moms

Anybody have a baby anterior RIGHT before?

Hey yall! I'm aiming for a natural birth. My midwives have told me that the most ideal position for birth is anterior left (if looking down at my belly the back of baby is on my left side, and she's facing my back). However, my baby is anterior right. Of course, anterior is good enough so far, and better than her facing forward for posterior or breech...but I was wondering if any of you had experience with this difference, and did it matter?

Some of the birthing books I've read mention that baby tends to turn clockwise when coming out, so the only possible downside of anterior left would be turning posterior again. Would love insight from those who have experienced this or are in the same boat!

Re: Anybody have a baby anterior RIGHT before?

• Not in the same position, but my babe is still transverse. We're not too worried, LO still has time to flip. Have you looked into Spinning Babies? It's not an option for me because of BP issues but maybe they have info on how to help babe turn.
    yes I have! that dang inversion technique LOL! PS: love the rolling pug gif. that's how i feel when i roll out of bed.
  • I'm pretty sure the baby can still rotate to anterior left all the way up until birth. My doula has talked about ways to get the baby in anterior position (if it isn't already) during labor. Checking out spinning babies is a good idea, and you might ask your midwife if it's even something to be concerned about, baby may rotate naturally.
  • Loading the player...
  • Both my boys pretty much hung out ROA. Not sure if they rotated to left during labor or not, but they were both born at home without complication. My current babe was persistently posterior until about a week and a half ago - now she's switching between LOA and ROA multiple times a day, lol.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"