November 2014 Moms

lymph nodes

Anyone having slightly swollen lymph nodes in under arm? I woke up this morning and shaved...felt like razor burn but after feeling around, there are 1 or 2 small pea size lumps. Haven't noticed them before....this is the same arm as my carpal tunnel. Could there be any relation I wonder. I have a Dr. Appt on wednesday, will be mentioning it!

Re: lymph nodes

• I've never heard of that being a part of normal pregnancy. I would definitely bring it up with your doc on Wednesday. Hopefully it's nothing!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @runningmama14‌. Have you ever heard of this in pregnancy at all? I Google it just to see what came up and I've read other woman posting about it happening - some things say hormones, some say could be bc the breast are preparing to produce milk or something along those lines.... or could be a skin irritation. Regardless I will have the doc look at it on Wednesday
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember my mom telling me this happened to her with her pregnancy a and the doctor told her is what related to milk production! Definitely bring it up at your appointment - just wanted to share what I know :)
  • Lymph nodes can get enlarged for lots of reasons. Most aren't a huge deal, but some can be serious. If you aren't having any other weird symptoms or issues, I wouldn't worry too much and just ask your doc (especially since it's only 2 days away).

I had an enlarged lymph node in the past that was deemed just random inflammation and was no big deal!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Earlier in my pregnancy I found some small painful lumps in my armpit and of course it concerned me. I asked my OB and she said it was normal and probably just milk starting to produce. They went away. Mention it to your Dr to be sure though!
  • Always have your doctor check out something like this - but this was another thing that happened to me in my first pregnancy, one pea-sized bump (made me so paranoid). My doctor felt it and said it was normal, especially in late pregnancy and followed after delivery.  It had disappeared by my 6 week post-partum visit.  So yes - it is possible that it is pregnancy related.  Try not to stress too much until your doctor check it out.  If I recall she said it was a swollen duct.  Ingrown hairs can also cause something similar. 

• Thanks ladies! I appreciate the input.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"