July 2014 Moms

Digital picture frames = screen time?

I thought of using our digital photo frame for LO as he loves light and screens but it isn't TV. I figured in the long run it would help him to learn relatives' faces. However my husband thinks it's screen time, which would melt his brain and lead to a life of crime. :p We're probably over thinking this and I'm really not that opposed to screen time. Any thoughts?

Re: Digital picture frames = screen time?

• I don't think it counts of screen time. the concern with the television is the fast moving images. just looking at pictures on your phone or digital picture frame won't have the same impact -- at least that's what I tell myself.
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would count that as screen time as the images move on their own.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the feedback. Hm, maybe we'll just use it occasionally. :)
  • Huahine said:
    I don't think it counts of screen time. the concern with the television is the fast moving images. just looking at pictures on your phone or digital picture frame won't have the same impact -- at least that's what I tell myself.
    Really?

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • My kid was watching Roseanne today. The Halloween episodes.

I wouldn't worry too much about the digital photo frame. It's the 21st century version of a baby's first photo album.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm just sitting here waiting for my baby's brain to melt out of her ears and for her to become old enough to start robbing banks or whatever this "life of crime" equals.  I can only hope that she will make lots of money to pay for our fancy nursing home lifestyle before being locked up.
  • LeaLupins said:
    My kid was watching Roseanne today. The Halloween episodes.

I wouldn't worry too much about the digital photo frame. It's the 21st century version of a baby's first photo album.
    I watched that marathon today too! Love them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dd keeps watching football with dad. I'm doomed.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My guy has watched 2 football games today. I think as long as you're doing other mentally stimulating/ educational things a bit of tv isn't bad.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kam3100 said:

My dd keeps watching football with dad. I'm doomed.

My pediatrician actually said that watching football was ok bc it was a "family activity" and we all watch together. She said that obviously just sticking LO in fri tog the TV to get a moments piece is a no no at this point but if the family is watching football together and talking and hanging out all day Sunday it's nbd...
  • My baby is really entranced with watching football with Daddy.  Glad to see he's not the only one!

He was also watching daddy play the PS4 yesterday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yea our DD watches Henry Hugglemonster with her Daddy while he eats breakfast before work. It's adorable. I watched plenty of TV as a kid and I managed to survive. 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"