May 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY: Your Favorite Halloween Activity From Childhood

CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
edited October 2014 in May 2013 Moms
What was your favorite Halloween activity?

Did you have any childhood traditions on Halloween? Favorite costume you ever wore?
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

GTKY: Your Favorite Halloween Activity From Childhood 26 votes

Trick or Treating
53% 14 votes
Costume Party
0% 0 votes
Visiting a Haunted House
0% 0 votes
Pumpkin Picking/Carving
26% 7 votes
Mischief (Egging, Toilet Papering, Shaving Cream Fights, etc)
3% 1 vote
Decorating the House With Spooky or Silly Halloween Decor
0% 0 votes
Making Halloween Themed Treats
3% 1 vote
Not Listed (Elaborate in Comments)
3% 1 vote
I Didn't Celebrate Halloween
7% 2 votes

Re: GTKY: Your Favorite Halloween Activity From Childhood

• Options
    CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    edited October 2014
    I loved Halloween. Every year we would have dinner at Friendly's before trick or treating. My personal favorite thing was trading candy with siblings and friends at the end of the night.

When I became a teenager, I started doing the shaving cream fights and admit I had a ton of fun with that, too.

ETA: My favorite costume was when I was Gizmo from Gremlins.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My favorite tradition was going to my church's fall festival every year and I love how dd gets to experience that with us. We also carved pumpkins all the time with my dad and mom growing up and went to the local pumpkin patch. Dh trick or treated so we will mix it up as she gets older.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Definitely pumpkin carving! I wasn't into TOT as a kid. I didn't like going to random people's houses and definitely didn't like the "scary" houses. I still went, but enjoyed handing out candy more. Still love to carve the pumpkin even though I do the same exact design every year (classic friendly jack-o-lantern).

My family isn't into Halloween overall, and we had rules about costumes and activities that we could participate it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"