Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Choosing Nursery Space

Hi all,

My husband and I are trying to conceive and are contemplating which room in our house we should use for our nursery. We only have 3 bedrooms upstairs and all are in very close proximity to eachother. My question is- one is facing the street and gets nice sunlight during the day; the other option is on the side of the house and gets good light during the day but definitely less.  The baby will be in our room (which also faces the street/sunlight) for the first 3-6 months as recommended. However, when it comes to choosing the room for the nursery does anyone have any advice if the sunlight issue would make a difference which room we choose?  I have always pictured the sunlight room being the nursery because it's so bright and cheerful, however, I don't know if I'll appreciate my decision down the line when I want the baby to nap!  Any advice or feedback is appreciated!  =)

Re: Choosing Nursery Space

• You can always buy blackout curtains for naptime if you put LO in the sunny room. Another thing to consider would be outside noise. Our nursery has a window that faces the side of the house, our other option was a room with a window facing the street. I know our room with the window facing the street gets a lot more road noise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I personally would probably go with a sunnier room if I had a choice. During the day time, I have my LO nap in my room which is sunny or the living room where there is noise and sunlight. Her night time sleep is much cozier - dark room and swaddle. I'm convinced that this may be why she sleeps solid 4-5 hour stretches at night and wakes for her regular 3 hr feedings during the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"