October 2012 Moms
Options

Double stroller?

were not planning to ttc until next year sometime so that would make lo at least 3.5. So do you/would you get a double stroller with that age gap? Would you just borrow one if you go somewhere with a lot of walking? Totally random but was just thinking about it earlier today.

Re: Double stroller?

• Options
    Borrow or rent if needed. My kids are 2.5 apart and the only time we needed a double stroller was at disney. I did sort of want one at the state fair, but for one day it wasn't a big deal and not worth the cost, wagons are good when they are bigger and you can always wear the baby and push the big one when breaks are needed!

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Options
    @BrooketheCat‌ , 1st, I'm jealous. 2nd, if you go on a regular basis, you should buy a double. Wes was over 4 At wdw, and he needed it. I know dlr is smaller, but still

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ZiegefickerZiegeficker member
    edited October 2014
    My kids are 19 months apart, and I've so far not needed a double stroller.  I'm not a stay at home mom, though, so when we do out, we go as a family with two adults to handle two strollers.  For us and our situation, it worked out best since we didn't want to spend the money on another specialty item if we weren't sure we'd ever need it.  And we still had Henry's Snap and Go that worked with his old infant carseat (now Nora's).  Henry is now in the City Mini.  We kinda figure that, by the time Nora is ready to move into the City Mini, Henry will want to walk a lot.  If not, we have a cheapy jogging stroller that I picked up at a garage sale for $10 this summer -- if it doesn't get used, no sweat off my back; but we have it just in case.

If I were you, I'd hold off until you demonstrate a serious  need for one.  I figured that if I ever needed to handle both kids at once, I could push Henry and wear Nora.  So far, the need hasn't even come up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    How often do you think you'll go out with both kiddos alone? Like someone said above you could wear one and push the other. I have two double strollers and it's been a waste for me, but I know it's very needed by others.

• Options
    Shopping and daily outings I'm always alone. Only time my husband is home for our outing is if they have been planned for weeks. I'm sure I will wear the baby a lot, I think I'll just have to wait and see how much she matures!
  • Options
    I use a double stroller nearly daily, but mine are less than a year and a half apart. I'd think with the ages of yours, a sit n stand would be handy, but not a regular double.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"