January 2015 Moms

Sip of wine...ahh :-)

Now that I'm in my third trimester, I decided to enjoy a few sips of wine tonight...Ahh! I've missed this, though my little guy is so worth it to abstain a few more months :-)

Re: Sip of wine...ahh :-)

• Please send me a glass! I'm jealous enjoy!
  • I stole a sip from my H at dinner, it was glorious.
    I'm looking forward to having an actual glass or two in a few months, until then I'll settle for the occasional sip.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm jealous too, all hubby drinks is beer and I don't like beer. If I want a sip of wine, I'd have to open a whole bottle for that and then it'd go bad. :( I did grab a couple at my sister's wedding though! Hehehe
  • I shopped for wine online today. There is a winery a few hours from me that has a wine called Skinny Dippin' and I LOVE it. It's an apple wine. I'm going to order some to have on hand as soon as this baby pops out.
  • mjpfeif11mjpfeif11 member
    edited October 2014
    So jealous @RobsBabyGirl! We have an awesome winery where I live, but they haven't produced their apple wine this past year. I may have to order this Skinny Dippin' you speak of. Ugh, now I want some wine!

Edit: because words are hard
  • mjpfeif11 said:

So jealous @RobsBabyGirl! We have an awesome winery where I live, but they haven't produced their apple wine this past year. I may have to order this Skinny Dippin' you speak of. Ugh, now I want some wine!

Edit: because words are hard

It's from Fiesta Winery in TX
  • My girlfriends and SIL were all over with their kiddos yesterday and they bought a couple of bottles of champagne - I had 3/4 of a glass and it was absolutely wonderful!
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• So jealous.  I had a few sips in July & I don't know if it was expensive French wine or boxed Franzia but it was so delicious.  I've already requested a bottle of wine or bubbly for the delivery room.   :)>-
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • emmyg65 said:
    @4littlebears, do they have those little tetrapack wine boxes (or as I call them, wine juice boxes) near you? They're awesome for when you just want half a glass now and then.

I haven't looked! I'll have to have hubby look next time he's getting beer!
  • I don't see anything flame worthy about a flask in delivery! But I've also had about half a dozen 3oz glasses of wine between week 16 and now (week 29)
  • I know it's the cheap stuff, but I bought a little 4-pack of the Sutter Home wine at the store the other day.  (For some reason, I didn't see the tetra-packs at my store - which stinks, because I've had some before & thought it was pretty decent "everyday wine" LOL!!)  

Each bottle is a little over 6 oz, so I had between a third to half of a bottle Saturday night - and it was so awesome.  I don't care if the rest of that little bottle goes bad before I drink the rest, I've still got 3 more little bottles to tap into between now & January!  :-)

And it's not bad that I've got a bottle of wine (good stuff!) ready to go into my hospital bag, is it????  Was one of the first things I packed in there!!!
    Myles was so pumped about the baby . . . until he figured out he'd have to share all his toys!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"