September 2014 Moms
Options

Baby balding

So my LO was born with dark hair - thin, but it covered his entire head. Around 4 weeks or so he lost the hair on top (so he looked like a middle aged bald dude with hair on the sides only) his hair is coming back in, but now it's blonde! Lol! Does anyone know if it's common for babies to have two toned hair? He will be blonde on top and dark on the sides and back of his head unless that falls out too. Fancy!

Re: Baby balding

• Options
    My dd was born with black hair now is completley blonde .. My DS has dark brown and it's starting to fall out and new hair is blonde .. Just takes time
  • Options
    It will all be the same after some time. He might end up losing the rest of the dark hair.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was born with lots of brown hair and by the time I was 6 months old it had all fallen out and grown back in red.  From what I understand it's about a 50/50% chance on whether your baby's hair will all fall out and regrow, but I know nothing about the color change thing other than it happens sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DHs family keeps insisting that LOs will fall out and change color, but sometimes I kinda hate them, so if I can make it stay in by force of will alone, by god I'll try. DD1s didn't, so maybe.
  • Options
    My little guy looks like a balding old man too with no hair on top but tons on the sides and back! I was freaking out when it started happening but I think it is slowly starting to come back in. He looks adorable and I hope his hair stays dark and full!
  • Options
    Yep, totally normal. My older son was born with super dark hair. By two months he was bald. And now he has gorgeous blond hair. LO was also born with dark hair but at two months he still has it all so I keep wondering what will happen.

• Options
    My little man was born with very thin, but a full head of light brown hair. I've noticed in the last week he has two bald patches on the top of his head! The dark hair is still thick in the back and on the sides though! Lol I've been wondering if he's going to end up bald for awhile, sounds like that's a possibility!
  • Options
    I freaked out when DD lost her hair bc I didn't know it was normal, I thought something was wrong with her. DS has lost so much hair I see it everywhere I'm hoping it will come back blonde, DH had gorgeous blonde hair as a baby through toddler years and then it turned dark, it was dark when he was born too. DDs didn't come back blonde but the ends of her hair are blonde it looks like it's been colored and it so pretty. I've had ppl ask if I colored her hair, it started pissing me off so I started saying "yes, she's only two but I figured I'd start her off early" idk which look is worse, the fact that ppl actually believe that I've colored her hair or the fact they ant believe it's naturally like that.
  • Options
    str13 said:

DHs family keeps insisting that LOs will fall out and change color, but sometimes I kinda hate them, so if I can make it stay in by force of will alone, by god I'll try. DD1s didn't, so maybe.

Haha! This is so me...if my MIL is sure something will happen I desperately want the opposite...
  • Options
    jpfeifer said:

My nephew had very dark hair and it never fell out and started growing in blonde. The ends were dark and his roots were blonde, it was really cool looking!

That's what my LOs looks like. Everyone insists he will have black hair like me, but I was burn with black hair that never fell out. He might end up with light brown hair, or, I hope, DHs beautiful blonde hair.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"