May 2014 Moms
Options

Advice for sister with newborn

My sister had a baby a week ago. She is having trouble getting him to sleep unless he is being held or on her. He just starts crying as soon as you put him anywhere else. I feel like I remember reading about some of you who had a similar issue. Any ideas on what she could do? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Advice for sister with newborn

• Options
    I'm still having this trouble but this weekend I just kept being consistent with putting her down and it might take a couple times picking her back up and starting over but she's starting to get used to it now and took am hour nap last nap. When she was real little I wore her when she would let me and slowly took the wrap off then put her down. We used a vibrating rock n play though. The movement helped!

• Options
    Definitely swaddle. My LO hated the swaddle sacks until she was a bit older, so we just used the a + a blankets for swaddling. And white noise.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Miracle Blanket for swaddling. For us it truly was a miracle!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, and will also add to suggest she read "The Happiest Baby on the Block". I didn't read it until we were in month 2 (the Purple period of crying) and I really wish I had known the strategies suggested from the beginning.

It's a quick read too, I read it in about 4 days when I was pumping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"