Breastfeeding
Options

XP from AP and Multiples - sleep issues, 15 mos old twins

Our 15 mos old twins are waking and nursing more now than they were in the past. (I know this because they are soaking through their over nite diapers and pjs daily and never did before). I do not want to nite wean, but worry that sometimes nursing and sometimes not is confusing to them (and totally counter to behavioral science) so I'm at a loss as to how to partially nite wean. And additionally, we've read the Jay Gordon stuff and it appeals, but it's solely focused on night weaning a singleton. There seems to be a real lack of info/advice on AP sleep stuff and twins.

1. I'm worried about fragmented sleep for all of us. But especially the girls. They literally wake every 10-40 min from about 1am on. I am nursing every 2-3 hrs (trying for 3, ultimately hoping for 5...) but they are still waking and needing a lot of soothing back to sleep and my husband and I are completely wrecked.

2. How do I get from nursing every 2-3 hrs to nursing once MOTN?! Is a gradual thing or a more sudden approach better and how the hell do you do it with twins, sharing a room?

3. N is all of a sudden unable to be soothed in her crib, requiring being rocked and then very difficult to transfer back to her crib. What gives and how do we help her settle w/o picking her up?

Thanks!! If you made it this far, you are a trooper
Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP from AP and Multiples - sleep issues, 15 mos old twins

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"