May 2014 Moms

UO's

It's Thursday, let's get this party started

Re: UO's

• kittyriot said:

LO is 8 months at Christmas. So I only plan on spending about spending $50 on her. A toy I want for her. And some books. I figure this is one of the only Christmas' she's not going to care. So I am going to take it. And well...everyone else is going to spoil her.

Im not even spending 50, like you said my daughter will probably be more impressed with the lights on the tree then understand present s and the rest of our families will buy her stuff. Im getting her a ball like the one she holds on to at play group and maybe a few other little things.
  • Loading the player...
  • kittyriot said:

LO is 8 months at Christmas. So I only plan on spending about spending $50 on her. A toy I want for her. And some books. I figure this is one of the only Christmas' she's not going to care. So I am going to take it. And well...everyone else is going to spoil her.

We did that with DS. He was only (almost) 3 months. He didn't notice ;)

DD will be getting switched to a convertible car seat. Something we will need to do anyways.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• While I can appreciate the message in this video, I still don't agree with using foul language. Especially coming out of young kids mouths. Shoot, I don't even curse. https://www.upworthy.com/nothing-more-shocking-than-little-girls-dropping-the-f-bomb-except-the-words-that-come-after?c=fea
  • kittyriot said:

Same here. We'll probably spend even less. Maybe a cute toy and then we'll wrap up diapers so he can play with the paper. That's all my nieces and nephews cared about until they were about 2!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate most baby boy clothes. I can only deal with so many monkeys and shirts that say crap like "trouble" or something equally annoying.

Right!! No baby boy wants a car or monkey on his butt or lame text on every shirt. I pretty much just get things that look like adult clothes and plain onesies and layer.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• kittyriot said:

Im not even spending 50, like you said my daughter will probably be more impressed with the lights on the tree then understand present s and the rest of our families will buy her stuff. Im getting her a ball like the one she holds on to at play group and maybe a few other little things.
    I think DD is getting a convertible car seat.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I miss maternity clothes, the were super comfy and always fit.

I still have a pair of black maternity pants that I wear every now and then.
    I full plan on wearing them for Thanksgiving.

I wear my maternity yoga pants all the time and still wear a few maternity shirts.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Most of DS's clothes are hand me downs or gifts so I don't even pay attention to what's on them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really don't think that wearing glitter or frills as a baby (or wearing footballs and dinosaurs) as a baby is going to have any effect on your child one way or the other. babies don't care about gender stereotypes. I was as big of a girly girl as they came and I still ended up going into a male dominated profession and am certainly not some shrinking violet as an adult woman.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • comicsans said:
    There is everything wrong with glitter. Nasty stuff. I put a dress on dd last week to see if it fit. It has a glittery skirt. Freaking glitter everywhere. I keep finding it on her. 2 days ago there was a piece stuck right on her lower lash line and I spent the better part of the day trying to gently remove it before it ended up in her eye. I hate you glitter.
    Some friends of mine brought their 2 year old daughter to my shower at my MIL's house ... sporting a glittery tutu dress.  There was glitter all over my MIL's sofa. They felt bad. I told them not to worry about it, MIL will just assume it's from one of her friends outfits. 

image   image
                                                          Baby Girl born May 16, 2014
  • Ok, the anti-glitter and "princess" convo has branched out in too many directions to quote people, but I'll clarify my former statement and say that I don't hate all the girly things. I have a tutu for DD (granted its blue, not pink)and she wears bbows in her hair and all that jazz. I just mean that there are so many outfits out there that are adorable without all the words on them. I don't like words or logos on my clothes, so I choose not to put my kid in them.

When she's old enough to have an opinion and she wants all that, go for it! She can be a glitter covered fairy princess for all I care. But only if/when SHE wants to be.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • My two cents regarding the girly vs not girly clothes: I would love more non-pink options! I like the color, but not when it looks like a pink monster vomited all over the store. What i really want are feminine/girly clothes in "mature" colors like ivory, tan, gray, navy, green, dark purple, and my personal favorite, mustard yellow. Also, black goes with everything. It's how i dress and she looks so adorable in anything from the gap. They do it right but I don't want to pay their prices.

I had a similar problem when trying to find things for her room. Crib sets are seriously lacking creativity!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • My UO: having done it successfully now, I am happy we did sleep training. (Like Ferber,where we comfort her every 5-10 min.) I don't believe anyone is a selfish parent for doing it. God, I feel way more organized and happier now and she sleeps a thousand times better at night.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • My UO: having done it successfully now, I am happy we did sleep training. (Like Ferber,where we comfort her every 5-10 min.) I don't believe anyone is a selfish parent for doing it. God, I feel way more organized and happier now and she sleeps a thousand times better at night.

You have to do what works for your family. No flames, glad your kiddo sleeps.

We let him cry for 14 minutes one time. We never had to do it again. Once we start bath time, Jammie's, etc he knows it's time for bed. Not sure if it was the crying, consistency, or just luck--- but he's always been a pretty good sleeper. Getting rid of the swaddle was a hurdle though for sure.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• UO - I throw away onesies and some outfits when they get more than just a little bit of poop on them.

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• I am still wearing maternity clothes. I've lost most the weight but still don't have much wardrobe in my pre-preg/post-IVF size.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hate when people who know nothing about the Ferber method try to chime in and call people bad parents thinking they are leaving their babies in their cribs for hours crying. I really want to punch them in the face. Read a book idiots before putting in your two cents!

• I just want to add that I love all the girly pink ruffle things! Not glitter though ;) im not offended, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :) I dont have a lot of pink ruffle clothes for her though.
  • zolten said:
    I will be spending money on my LO for Christmas...seems like an UO today. However, probably 1/3 on toys and 2/3 into her college fund.

I love all monkey clothes! And some of the sayings! I especially like footed pants!

My UO: I dont think babies should be dressed like little adults. I like baby clothes. When else can you wear footed pants??? I also enjoy folding baby clothes.

Oh I love dressing DS like a little old man/ hipster. He has at least 4 sweaters with elbow patches
  • comicsans said:

There is everything wrong with glitter. Nasty stuff. I put a dress on dd last week to see if it fit. It has a glittery skirt. Freaking glitter everywhere. I keep finding it on her. 2 days ago there was a piece stuck right on her lower lash line and I spent the better part of the day trying to gently remove it before it ended up in her eye. I hate you glitter.

This happened to us as well she grabbed it and it got all on her face and I started freaking out because I was sure it was in her eyes so I had to wash her face which she hated and kept checking her eyes. No more glitter clothes in this house!

• Cook251 said:

Kimbus22 said:

I'm having more trouble finding girl clothes I like that aren't covered in ruffles, glitter or princess shit.  My daughter is currently rocking my son's jungle animal fleece footie pajamas.

This is why I love Baby Gap! They always have tons of options that aren't pink.
    So sitting here watched WD and reading this and thought I'd check out Baby Gap. 40% off tonight, free shipping, and I had a $25 gift card! Only spent $27 bucks and got the cutest stuff! Thanks for the inspiration.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"