Trying to Get Pregnant

Preseed Purchase Humor

So I stopped by Walgreens yesterday to pick up a birthday card and decided to look for Preseed and a BBT. No luck on the BBT, but after quietly searching for a while I found the Preseed! I got my card and some gift wrap, picked up a few makeup/hair items and went to cosmetics to check out. There was a customer in front of me, so by the time she was ready to ring me up, there was a bit of a line behind me. I guess the cashier wasn't used to a $60+ total at cosmetics, because this is how our interaction went:

Cashier: "Your total is $60 whatever"
Me: *swipes my card*
C: WAIT! Let me double check something, why is your total so high?
M: *waiting patiently*
C: Oh, that's right. It's the lube!

I heard a snicker behind me, I'm sure they were wondering what type of industrial lube my poor dried up vaj needed.

Thanks Walgreens cashier, Thanks. 

TTGP December Siggy Challenge

Married 9.28.13

DH 34, Me 26

TTC #1 since 9/2014

Benched 11/2014 for personal reasons :(

Re: Preseed Purchase Humor

• OMG. How embarrassing. I had a similar situation yesterday at Walgreens myself. I spent over $90 on vitamins, makeup, and one of those sperm analysis tests for DH. The cashier was like "wow, that all adds up fast... I had to double check that number." I think the worst part is that the cashier is a former coworker of DH and DH was humiliated to bring the sperm test up to the counter.
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• Loading the player...

• MrsC0617 said:

OMG. How embarrassing. I had a similar situation yesterday at Walgreens myself. I spent over $90 on vitamins, makeup, and one of those sperm analysis tests for DH. The cashier was like "wow, that all adds up fast... I had to double check that number." I think the worst part is that the cashier is a former coworker of DH and DH was humiliated to bring the sperm test up to the counter.

You know those tests are crap, right?

Probably. But it was a great price and I've always been curious. And DH and I are so cool that this is how we spend our Friday nights. ;)
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• I'm sorry @CFearsy, that really sucks. 

TTC since Sept. 2013
    09/14: New anterior 3cm Fibroid on U/S, no change in size 11/14
    10/14: SA normal
    12/14: next RE appointment - cancelled due to BFP
    BFP on 11/21/14, EDD 08/03/15

• smash928smash928 member
    edited October 2014

@kemcc13 I think this woman was genuinely absent minded when she said it, like she was afraid she had accidentally double rung something, so seeing a $20+ item was affirmation for her. I was embarrassed but also wanted to get out ASAP so I just snickered too lol. I'm sure my face was every shade of red though.

edit to fix tag

Married 9.28.13

DH 34, Me 26

TTC #1 since 9/2014

• Glad you have a sense of humor about it! :) something similar happened to me last cycle. I bought a pack of pregnancy tests and the cashier asked me what outcome I was hoping for.

*Aug '15 Siggy Challenge - Mean Girl*
    image    image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My 2 boys ages 8 & 10
    BFP#3 EDD 8/19/2015
    mc @ 7wks 4/2014

Me 31 H 33

• Ugh! A little discretion goes a long way. Sorry the cashier was not awesome about your purchase.
    TTC April 2013
    M/C 1/15 @ 6 weeks
    RE 8/16
    Monitored Clomid 11/15
    M/C 12/16 @ 6 weeks
    Clomid & Ovidrel Shot
    M/C 2/16 @ 8 weeks
    *Currently on Clomid (monitored) and waiting on tissue results.
  • The first time I went in to buy a pregnancy test I sat in my car for like 30 minutes talking myself up. Don't know why I'm so nervous. Now I make MH come in with me whenever I buy something for TTC.

I'm sorry the cashier did that. I would probably crawl under a rock if that happened to me!
  • @SwivelChair5‌ Sounds like something I would do! Glad I'm not the only one! When I bought my test, I purposely bought things I didn't need to try and blend it in. I still saw the cashier side eye me when she rang it up.
  • @elizabetheleven woooow, mega inappropriate. I probably would have given her some crazy story to shut her up lol.

Married 9.28.13

DH 34, Me 26

TTC #1 since 9/2014

• That's super ridiculous. I use to work at Target and I personally never commented on stuff like that unless something was said to me. I'm always uncomfortable bringing things like that up because what if the person doesn't want to be pregnant?

I get my HPT at Walmart and they're so busy trying to get me out of line that they don't mention it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • smash928 said:

@elizabetheleven woooow, mega inappropriate. I probably would have given her some crazy story to shut her up lol.

Yeah. It was one of those moments where I had so much to say to her.... Once I left the store.
    *Aug '15 Siggy Challenge - Mean Girl*
    image    image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My 2 boys ages 8 & 10
    BFP#3 EDD 8/19/2015
    mc @ 7wks 4/2014

Me 31 H 33

• My SIL went to Target to buy a HPT, a few years ago, and the cashier asked, "Is this planned or a surprise?". My SIL said she turned a new shade of red. These stories are why I don't like purchasing these kinds of things, unless there is self check out. 
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • I was checking out at Walmart one time with FRERs and there were three girls in front of me in line, who proceeded to lecture me (along with the cashier) about how expensive those are and how the Dollar Store ones work just as well for cheaper. I was completely aware of this but even when I told them they continued to talk really loudly... I just told them I'd check it out next time and bolted for the door when the cashier handed me my receipt. I hate when people do that, I'm sorry you had to deal with it @smash928!
  • @Wine&Cupcakes I soo laughed at this because I have totally done it! Thanks ladies for helping me laugh on a terrible day!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• I really get annoyed when Cashier's make comments about the items I'm purchasing. There is this one lady at the walgreens that I go that always comments on my personal purchases. I almost said something one time, but I bit my tongue. I agree they should be trained not to comment on purchases. 
  • This made me actually lol.

Me 31, DH 29, DD 5
    TTC #2 since August 2014

• I'll add an embarrassing story to this thread. Before TTC MH and I went to Safeway to get condoms. It was the closest store open until 1am. We wondered aisle after aisle looking for the Family Planning section and couldn't find it. So we asked the store night manager to point us to the right section. Well, apparently Safeway keeps all the condoms and pregnancy tests behind a locked glassdoor cabinet and only a manager can open it. So he leads us to the cabinet and then asked me which one I wanted so he could grab it. At that point I was pissed off. I said "No, I'm fully capable of picking out my own condoms". I think I broke store policy when I reached into the cabinet and grabbed a box. As we turned to leave I told the store manager that corporate might want to rethink putting condoms/pregnancy tests behind a locked cabinet because I will never buy condoms at Safeway again. I made it clear obviously it wasn't his fault or rule but it's an embarrassment to any person (can you imagine being a teenager?)
    Exactly! As a teenager, there is no way I would have gone to a staffer to ask for condoms, which means we probably would have just not used them. I understand the need to "guard" a highly shoplifted item, but there has to be a better way.

Married 9.28.13

DH 34, Me 26

TTC #1 since 9/2014

• The store i bought my stuff at had the preseed, condoms and pregnancy tests all in a cabinet that triggered an alarm. So when i go in to buy something the entire store is alerted to the fact that someone is buying lube or condoms. 

I don't have any idea why this is... are they really trying to protect against people detecting pregnancies, unplanned parenthood and lubricated sex? Obviously huge problems in pharmacies everywhere... 
  • CytheCythe member
    edited October 2014
    I guess I have an awkward TTC purchase story. It wasn't super weird to me, but I was definitely caught off guard.

I was at Target buying OPKs and at the register the lady says "what are you trying to look like me?" and sticks out her belly.

I guess she was pregnant, but if she hasn't pointed it out I don't think I would have noticed. I just wasn't expecting someone to say that to me.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Once when I went to cvs for a HPT and the guy ringing me up started to ask me how my night was going, then realized what he was scanning. He said "well I guess we'll see how tonight goes if you come back next month for tampons". For serious? Scan my shit and stfu.
  • I typically buy stuff online to avoid these kinds of situations!  I get embarrassed easily.  One time I was buying an HPT at Walgreens and the clerk said, "I hope you get the answer you're looking for." I didn't think that was too bad.
    Chart Stalk Me! - TTC #1 since 9/2014
    Oh, and PSSST: BJ = Blackjack, get your mind out of the gutter! ;-)
  • And these stories are the reason I am scared as shit to buy TTC items. I thought these scenarios only happened in my head.
  • When I was just dating my H we ran out of condoms while he was home on leave from deployment.  We went to Walmart on the night before Christmas Eve at like 10 pm to get more and some other things including a wok to make stirfry the for Christmas Eve as H was craving it and I did not own a wok.  So the lady was ringing us up (I was already embarrassed that we were buying condoms and I always purchased those online or he picked them up) and she was looking at the wok, scanning the condoms and asked "will you be needing a gift receipt for this?" to which H replied "No we will be using those all up".... I walked out to the car as I could not even stand there I was so embarrassed..... and I married that man.....

PS We have never EVER run out of condoms since that time as I will never let that happen again.
  • I hate when cashiers make stupid comments or snicker when you buy condoms or a pregnancy test.

I used to be a cashier and im not going to lie. When i used to see the guys running Up to the cash with a box of condoms and running out the store I used to laugh! Its either they were very embarrassed or they had somewhere to be!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"