Trying to Get Pregnant

Acne advice please!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

I've searched the threads about this topic and came across some help but nothing that is recent. Not sure if there is anything new out there.

Anyway, I've always had clear skin growing up and throughout my 20's but the last few months, I have been breaking out on my forehead. At first, I thought it was the sunscreen I used, but they are still there and won't go away!

I am wondering if any of you wonderful ladies have any tips or have this as well and found something that helped! Growing up I just washed my face with soap and never had a problem. All the acne products actually made me get pimples. Not sure what would happen now but at this point, I will try anything!

Any advice would be helpful. They are a pain in the ass!

Re: Acne advice please!

• I'm a fellow person who had really good skin growing up with minimal intervention, but as I hit my late 20s it's gone to hell. What I find helps: Coal Face soap from Lush; a product called Grease Lightening (also Lush) that's a tea tree oil gel works well on individual pimples. I also use Origins oil free brightening moisturizer. I also find that some of it is hormonal and I tend to get bigger more painful pimples around the time I get my period.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies!

@babeRN101‌ yes, I've actually heard good things about tea tree oil. I will have to look into it more!

@divinemsbee‌ I've never heard of Lush. There must not be one around me. Is there an online store?
  • It's probably a good thing there isn't one near you-- it gets really addictive :) I ordered most of my Lush products off the Internet but their products change regularly and I don't believe you can get the fresh face masks on their Internet site because they need to be refrigerated. But there are plenty of alternatives that are just as good! You should check it out!
  • aloha_mamaaloha_mama member
    edited October 2014
    https://www.lushusa.com/ Most of it is all-natural and they don't do animal testing, which I love.

Edit: Not sure if everything Is all-natural.... Shouldn't make sweeping generalizations like that.
  • divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    edited October 2014
    Lush is completely addictive, I will also warn. If you do find a store near you, they're really good about giving samples so that you can try something out. I also love their Eau Roma toner. And pretty much everything. We're moving to a town that's going to be an hour from a Lush store next year and it saddens me (but will probably prevent impulse buys).

ETA: Fuck me, I went to the website and they already have the Christmas stuff on it. Into the rabbit hole...

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @armyissuedbride‌ thank you! I will probably be on that site all night! Probably a dumb question but this is all new to me. Should I be looking at the cleansers or moisturizers?
  • @babeRN101‌ or @emilie818‌
    Where would I find the tea tree oil products?
  • Would these products work on bacne too? I've always had clear skin, until going off BC. Now my back is horrid.
  • @Emilie818 Yea, I looked and I don't have a Body Shop nearby either. Was hoping they were found somewhere else. I will have to look into buying it online. Thank you!
  • I use neosporin on breakouts and it works really well. I also only wash my face with cleanser once or twice a week. If I wash it more I break out more. I just use hot water and a wash cloth the rest of the time.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • @RaeLynn81012 I'd start with the cleansers-- But if you type in what specific problem you're having into the search bar, sometimes it'll give you suggestions on what products thy recommend. The store is great because they'd be able to put together a kit for you based on your skin type, but if you're ordering off their site I'd just look around at everything first. You really can't go wrong!

Here's an article from their blog where a skin care "expert" talks about different skin types and gives advice.

https://www.lushusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Lush-Site/en_US/Blog-Posts?cid=article_ask-an-expert-skin-care

@Jags8 I use the Greased Lightning when I get acne on my shoulders and upper back and it works well for me. Sometimes I'll use a little of the mask if it's really bad but the GL usually clears it up nicely.
  • I used to have good skin but in the past 9 months or so my skin has gotten significantly worse. I have no clue what's causing it. I'm actually using more expensive/nicer stuff and having more issues. Sucky! I started using the tea tree oil gel cleanser from the body shop line and it seems to be working okay, but the red spots/scars are so bad it's what's keeping me from actually seeing any difference.
    Lush has amazing stuff but I can't go into that store without buying 10483 things and spending all my money. The refrigerated masks are great, and if you save the empty pots you get free masks when you bring them back to the store.
    Just a word of warning-I know everyone loves the Clarisonic but sometimes it does more to hurt than help unfortunately. If you over exfoliate it causes you to break out more. If you decide to start using it though you definitely will have to go through the "purging process" which is where everything underneath your skin makes its way up and you will have more blemishes. With most people it will calm down after a month or so but be prepared just in case it does happen.
    The best thing I've come across for any left over red spots is silly, but it was organic Greek yogurt with a little lemon juice in it. I put it on like a mask and let it dry on. I loved making my own face wash with cucumbers, baking soda, and tea tree oil but I just don't have a ton of time to do that. *stay away from honey as it tends to clog pores
  • Clarisonic, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and Aveeno Positively Radiant. IMO a Clarisonic is worth every penny. FYI my face is really sensitive and dries out easily. Also, I use Bare Minerals so I think that helps too.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • How are the Lush bath gels? I've been eyeing them for a while.
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• @goldenlove3‌ No, I've used the same shampoo for a while now. The only difference that I can think of with washing my face is that we moved into a new house and the water is hard. Not sure if that could do it?
  • MrsC0617 said:
    How are the Lush bath gels? I've been eyeing them for a while.
    Delicious. There's a Christmas one called Hot Toddy that I am dying to try (I loved Glogg, but they haven't brought it back). I also really like It's Raining Men, it smells fantastic, like Honey.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @goldenlove3‌ No, I've used the same shampoo for a while now. The only difference that I can think of with washing my face is that we moved into a new house and the water is hard. Not sure if that could do it?
    Our water here is crazy hard and I'm positive it has an effect. When I go back to my hometown, if I'm there for a few days, my skin gets much better.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @divinemsbee‌ Really? I thought someone was going to tell me I was crazy for thinking that. We are getting a water treatment system soon, but it's $600. So, we have to wait a bit. I will be interested to see if anything changes. Thanks for that!
  • I love Beauty Society products. Their acne face wash has tea tree oil in it too.

dog hits birthday cake off plate gif 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"