July 2014 Moms
Options

only stops crying in the swing

I care for an infant in addition to my own. He only stops screaming when in the swing and only if it's on. The second it stops he screams bloody murder at the top of his lungs. If it's on he's a happy baby. Could something be wrong? Does anyone else have experience last l like this?
image.

Re: only stops crying in the swing

• Options
    My DS is the same way. Our doctor told us it's probably from his colic because colicky baby's like to be moving. He's been getting better about being able to stay out of it for a few naps as he's gotten older. Does this other baby have colic?

• Options
    Nichole8787Nichole8787 member
    edited October 2014
    @mrscrouch90 I don't know if the Dr. has said he has colic or not. His parents say he cries a lot at home too. It's splitting ear piercing screams. Mouth wide open whales and he turns bright red. I feel so sad for him. I want to be able to take him outside or play on the floor with him but he's only happy while he is in the swing.
    image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does he like the stroller? I'd try walking just to get out/mix things up a bit.
  • Options
    How old is he? Have they consulted the pediatrician? A fair amount of crying can be normal for some babies but that sounds like something is wrong, like he's in pain or something.
  • Options
    Poor little baby!  My little guy doesn't have that experience, but I hope that poor sweetie feels better soon.  If I were to armchair Dr. Google it, I'd call it colic, too, but he could be having other pains that are not colic that are causing it.  If the baby were mine, I'd definitely be consulting my pedi about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS is the same way. He screams mouth wide open and turns red. He screams to the point he sweats. He has GERD and colic, among some other health issues but none that would play in with it.

I also agree with @Lori_n_Lior‌, DS screams a lot more for other people then for me. So it could be a combination. I would let his parents know and see what they say.

• Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"