Infertility

Intro - RPL, PCOS, IVF mentioned - question regarding chromosomal losses

LilyHarperLilyHarper member
edited October 2014 in Infertility
Hi Ladies, How are you all doing? I'm a long time lurker, and I think it's finally time I join in, so I hope you'll have me! Most of my information is in my siggy, but basically, I'm 31, have had 3 confirmed mc's. I was diagnosed with PCOS but waited to seek treatment for a while. We left our original RE because we didn't feel they were being aggressive enough, nor taking my losses seriously, since I was seen as "young". The most recent mc was originally confirmed to be normal karyotype by Natera, but the secondary pathology found it to be a tetraploidy following ICSI (which, uh, shouldn't happen?). Natera confirmed it was possible their test could come back as normal, but be a tetraploidy (2 sets from me, 2 from DH). I love my new RE, but he has no poker face and said no one in the practice had ever seen this before, especially with my previous loss of a triploidy. I know he's going to research the hell out of this and all, but has anyone experienced both a tri and a tetra? I plan on posting on the TTCAL board too, but thought this was a good place, and I feel at home with IF, and still hope to do a FET in the near future. I was a frequent poster on Tropical Ovaries. Thank you ladies! ETA: for correct terminology.
Yup.

Re: Intro - RPL, PCOS, IVF mentioned - question regarding chromosomal losses

• I'm so sorry for your losses!! 

I am not familiar with tetraploidy, but my DH carries a balanced translocation which causes chromosomally abnormal embryos.  Have you discussed doing PGD or PGS on your embryos before transferring them?  Theoretically it would improve your chances bringing home a baby.  (((Hugs))) 

::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Hi ladies, sorry to disappear like that! I heard back from my RE, and he said he presented to my case to RE's from Ny, Harvard, somewhere in Europe, and about 4 or 5 other people and they all said "yep, never seen that before". But, he felt the discussion on where to go from here was more productive, and that the consensus was to try with our frosties. The thought from the group was it was a fluke, and that if (god forbid) I have another mc, they would do a more involved genetic screening on that tissue. They believe it may have been a mitosis error. And he said if I have another ploidy pregnancy, then we'd need a world expert. So, uh, yep.
    Yup.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, wow.  Good to know your RE was so proactive and I hope you are satisfied (as you can be) with his response and the plan. 

*** siggy warning- losses mentioned- everyone welcome *****

Me:  36

DH:  42  (w/ 2 children from prior marriage)

Us:  TTC for our 1st together since August 2013

1st BFP:  November 2013  (m/c at 7 wks)

2nd BFP:  February 2014  (m/c at 6 wks)

RPL Panel started in March 2014

3rd BFP:  May 2014 (m/c at 5 wks)

4th BFP:  June 2014 (CP at 4 wks)

RE appt in June 2014 (all RPL panel tests are normal...it's likely egg quality due to my age and borderline DOR)

Baseline AFC: 8 follies

2 IUI cycles (July and August 2014- both BFN)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI & PGS- October 2014 (AFC: 8 follies; ER Oct 20:  5R/3M/2F;  the 2 only made it to day 3 and stopped growing before biopsy)

key supplements: DHEA (25mg- 3x/day); CoQ10 (300 mg/day) ISWTE believer here!

IVF #2 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS- AFC:  13 follies!   10R/6M/6F-  5 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET scheduled for February 2015 delayed in order to do one more ER in hopes of getting at least 1 more normal embryo

IVF #3 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS:  7R/5M/5F-  2 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET #1 April 23, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred - BFN

FET #2 June 30, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred- BFP!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"