Infertility
Options

I finally got my protocol!

Hello, 

For those who remember me,  I finally got my protocol and I'm flying out to Shady Grove tomorrow!  I'm starting stimming on 10/15 and I can't wait.

Is anybody going to Shady Grove next few weeks?  Just curious.

Also, do you guys know if you can switch Follistim for Gonal-F mid cycle?(just emailed my nurse but as you can tell I'm impatient).

Wish me luck!  I will need it!  And good luck to everybody else who is stimming!

<3
TTC since 2007; Unexplained; 8PG: 4CP, 2EP, 2MC w/HB at 8-9 weeks
Getting ready for DIVF #1 - Transfer 12/16! 

Re: I finally got my protocol!

• Options
    About freaking time!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited that you're finally getting started :D No answers to your questions, but good luck!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options
    tptbabe!  I'm excited! 

I was going in for a protocol meeting in April and I got postponed to right about now!

I am also terriefied but that's another thing!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Which one are you going to? ETA: What's your protocol?
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Options
    Rockville!   I see you are taking a break.  Are you also at SGF?

I have suspected DOR. I'm doing antagonist.  I'm on BCP right now for 16 days.

My first 3 days of stimming are:

Dosing:  AM – Follistim 300 IU

Dosing:  PM -  Follistim 150 IU & Menopur 150 IU

Sounds like a lot of meds for me but what do I know...

• Options
    Yup, but at Tow.son. I got the DE talk, so we are getting some second opinions before we proceed. I had a better response to antagonist than MDL which is weird since MDL is supposed to be their "poor responders" protocol. My RE is willing to cycle me again on antagonist with max stims. Good luck to you! Are you staying in Rockville for the whole cycle? The metro into DC is super easy if you can squeeze in any sightseeing.
    TTC since 08/2012

• Options

Hey @vibeee I was wondering what had happened with you, I'm so glad you have your protocol and are finally moving forward. I'll be at Rockville for an endo scratch on 10/17. My monitoring/home clinic is in Annandale. I'll be about a month behind you for my next cycle.

They've always had me on Gonal-F; not sure what their thoughts are about Follistim or switching- please share what you find out! 

Those are slightly high doses for so early for a first-timer, but I'm glad they are taking an aggressive approach.

Good luck!!! 

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

• Options
    vibeee my RE  told me it is totally fine for me to switch from Gonal-F to Follistim mid-cycle.  Hope yours says the same for you. :)
  • Options
    Just wanted to chime in and say that your dosage is pretty similar to mine...except my RE had me on the same amount of menopur as gonal f (300 gonal f in the am and 300 menopur in the pm).  It's on my list of questions for the new docs. 

It does take forever for that gonal f pen to click all the way to the bottom!  :-)
    TTC since 08/2012

• Options
    ronniesgirl1981 - My body totally failed me and I am not producing any follicles anymore.  We have no idea why but shit, it's game over for me.  We just picked our donor and are waiting for instructions on synchronizing cycles.  I hope you were more successful!

tptbabe  - no IVF for me after all.  Please see above.  It sucks but I've cried those tears so many time I want something positive to happen for once!  I went from 5-10% chance of live birth to 65%-75% with the donor egg.  I am actually relived and happy!

Carol77B - I was taking a break from everything IF and had family and friends in town for a while through out the summer so it was a welcome distraction.  I am moving forward with donor eggs.  I went in for mock transfer and CD1 evaluation and there were two 2cm cycts in the right ovary and no follicles in the left ovary.  RE mentioned something about triggering the cycts and waiting for the next cycle but seeing her face said it all.  I was mentally ready for this so we just switched over to donor cycle in the same visit.  It's nice to see my hubs turn the corner.  I think he lost all of his hope seeing me MC 7 times.  He is actually talking about possibly having a baby next year!  it makes me really happy that he is on board and that we have renewed hope!

• Options
    @vibeee I am so, so sorry this was a such a failure for you. I am so glad you and your husband are comfortable moving forward with donor and already have one picked out! It's awesome that it's moving forward so quickly for you.

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal

Everyone welcome!

• Options
    Carol77B  Thamk you for your kind words!  What's your next step?

Did you guys do PGS on your embryos?
  • Options
    I'll be cycling again for IVF#4 next month. We had to redo testing and after almost a year, my numbers have improved noticeably (AFC went from 12 to 16) which I'm crediting to following the recommendations in "It Starts With the Egg" for only a couple months. We've never had enough to test (never had any make it to freeze) and while I'm hoping we'll get a lot more to work with we aren't planning on PGD because the chromosomal testing on our m/c came back "normal" and we're 100% OOP. I'm not quite sure what we'll do if we have another failure, if we don't have any embryos make it to freeze, but I'm trying to remain optimistic that this next one will be it for us.

So I'm hoping I'll see you on the PAIF board in the next couple of months!

Everyone welcome!

• Options
    Carol77B  - I tried really hard to get my antral count up within the past 3 months.  I did all kinds of supplement, ate well, slept well, did yoga etc. only to find out that they are completely gone.  My RE had no explanation on why it happened.  She said all of my hormones look great and she doesn't get it.  I know I could have gone again in a month or two and checked again and there might have been some improvement but I don't have it in me anymore.  I want a baby next year!  Since I got pregnant so many time with successful implantation my RE is very optimistic about the donor egg route.  

I hope your #4 is successful.  You are a though woman to keep going on like this.  I hope it works this time!

I hope to see you on PAIF soon too! <3
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the bad news, but--as someone considering the DE route--it's so nice to hear your excitement.
    TTC since 08/2012

• Options
    Good luck to you!
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"