Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Molar pregnancy. Is it ok if I join you ladies? (Living child mentioned)

schuebjaschuebja member
edited October 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
I hope this is ok to post here. I'm Julie. I'm not really sure how to start this post as I'm still wrapping my head around everything, but here it goes. 

I had found out I was pregnant on September 25th. DH and I had just started TTC, so we were pleasantly surprised at how fast it had happened. We have a DD who is 20 months and were very excited by the idea of a new baby. However, shortly after finding out out I was pregnant, I started wondering if something was wrong. I started having some spotting and cramping around 6 weeks into my pregnancy. I had called, but was told that it's a normal part of early pregnancy. 

This week, my spotting and cramping started to increase. I was supposed to be 8 weeks this week, so I called my OB yesterday, who had me come in for a transvaginal ultrasound and to get my HCG level checked. The ultrasound showed abnormal tissue, but no heart beat. My HCG was 21,000, which there should have showed something on the US. The OB on call told me that this is probably a molar pregnancy. I will be going in again on Tuesday to have my HCG checked and to meet my OB. She called me today to let me know that she is planning to do a D&C on Wednesday to hopefully remove all of the tissue. it also sounds like it will be a few months before we can TTC again because they'll want my HCG to come back down to 0. I'm not sure of all of the details yet, but I hoping to know more by Tuesday.
Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
 BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
 BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
 BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

Re: Molar pregnancy. Is it ok if I join you ladies? (Living child mentioned)

• Hi Julie,
      First I"m so sorry you have to be here. There are a few of us on this board with molar or partial molar pregnancies. I only found out mine was partial molar 3 weeks after my D&C when the tissue testing results came back. When an U/S detected no heartbeat, I I was 11 weeks along but the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks.  I'm now 4 weeks out from my D&C now and getting my blood testing weekly to make sure HCG levels are going down.  

The D&C is absolutely needed for molar/partial molar pregnancies...that's the only way they can ensure all the tissue was removed.  The good news is a D&C is not that bad.  I was really worried about it but for me it seemed like a minor medical procedure- it was not bad.  Feel free to message me if you want to talk further about anything!  

Me:36, DH:37

DS born 11/2012

BFP 7/26/14, Missed M/C at 8 weeks, discovered at 10 wks, 6 days, D&C 9/22/14, Dx: Partial molar pregnancy

• Welcome to the board and I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember you from June '15; I'm sorry we all have to be here. ((Hugs))
    Me: 28, DH: 33
    Married 10.12.11
     BFP #1: 5.30.12- Giannna, born 1.27.13
    BFP #2: 9.18.14- due 6.1.15 -- natural m/c @ 5w6d 
    BFP #3 11.2.14- due 7.16.14 -- mmc, d&c @ 10w1d

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Thank you ladies for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it. @FigureSkater8‌ I may be messaging you in the next few days. I have a few questions, but want to meet with my OB first. @hoping&waiting12 I remember you from June 15 too. Sorry to see you here too.
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

• I'm sorry for your loss...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I was recently diagnosed with a partial molar pregnancy, like @FigureSkater8‌ said there are a couple of us, so don't hesitate to message with questions. Or just to vent!
  • I am so sorry for your loss. (Hugs)

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"