November 2014 Moms
Options

STMs: Overnight bag/plan for #1?

We have a plan for where DS will go while I'm in labor, but we haven't put together a bag for him or done any other prep. Just wondering how everyone else is preparing their older kid(s). We're lucky that our friends use the same pedi and daycare, so they're familiar with our routine. And he's spent the night there before. But since it will happen (mostly) unexpectedly, it might be a little hard on him. What are you packing? What info are you giving the caretaker? I don't want to send too little but I also don't want to be crazypants mom with a 5-page list of instructions.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: STMs: Overnight bag/plan for #1?

• Options
    I have a partially packed bag right now with two pairs a pajamas, a couple of sets of clothes, sweater, socks, diapers, wipes, etc. I guess I should write down a schedule and stick that in there too. Thank you for mentioning that. There is a bunch of last minute stuff I will have to throw in on our way out the door, but it is stuff she uses all the time, like her bear that she sleeps with. I figured if I could get the main stuff packed I can throw the rest in last minute. My own bag is the same way though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our son will be at home, so no bag needed for us. My parents are coming up to stay with him and the dog while we are at the hospital.
  • Options
    I plan on packing a diaper bag for DD but she won't need an overnight bag as my mom will be staying with her overnight at our house, although DH will probably sleep at home instead of the postpartum room anyways, so we'll only need care overnight if I labor overnight at the hospital. 

In her diaper bag I just packed the usual (and then some) for trips to the hospital or out and about (dipes & wipes, snacks and sippy, change of clothes, some books). I also installed our extra car seat in my mom's car just in case and am leaving the umbrella stroller for her.
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options
    MIL is staying with the girls at our house. I want to keep them in their routine as much as possible!! DH will only stay with me the 1st night (RCS) and then be home with them each night/morning until I'm released.
  • Options
    My mom will be coming and staying with DS when we go into labor. I already have a list of "suggestions/what we do" for her. I've made it quite clear that she can follow these or not - do whatever is easiest for her.

:)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    I've packed a backpack for my almost 3 yo that has pjs, change of clothes, diapers and wipes. If something happens in the middle of the night or weekend, he'll go down the street to my cousin's house until my parents get here and they'll stay with him at our house. They are only 3hours away so I didn't feel like he needed much more than that in his bag. I've put the bag in my car with my hospital bag.

We also have a plan for if it happens during the day while he's at daycare. We have a friend that lives about a block from daycare so she can walk and go get him (since she doesn't have a car seat) and keep him until my parents arrive. 
  • Options
    My daughter will pack a bag sooner than later and when the time comes she will stay with a friend.  She just needs clothes, pjs, and her little travel bag of toiletries.  She's easy.    No other instructions needed.  
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    My sister is coming to stay with DS, so I'm not packing anything, but I did leave a little guide on the fridge-his typical schedule, where to find certain things, phone numbers, etc. I also stocked the house with a few new toys and activities and left some cash in case they want to go do something special.

• Options
    Ok, this thread is making me feel better! I've been thinking he really doesn't need much, but then I wondered if I was missing something. Thanks for your replies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a bag packed for DS with pajamas, a change of clothes, diapers & wipes, a sippy cup, and a few snacks. I also have the pack-n-play folded up and ready depending on who we drop him off with (we have 3 neighbors & 1 relative lined up to potentially take him when I go into labor).

Not packing toys because everyone who might take him will have toys or be watching him at our house.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wrote out food suggestions and instruction on how to wash and stuff DDs diapers. He knows her schedule otherwise. I also dropped off a set of toiletries. Her clothes and diapers i will pack when its time
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just a simple bag for us too...2 pairs of PJs, undies, 2 outfits, & toiletries. She's staying with my aunt who has young children, so toys aren't necessary for us & no food restrictions/requirements.
  • Options
    I'm scheduled for a RCS. In-laws will come get DS that morning and he will spend the first night at their house. He's done that lots of times, so we will just throw stuff into a bag for him that morning. The next nights, they will stay with him at our house. The hospital is only 15 min. away, so DH will likely be shuttling back and forth to help with DS. I will trust that the 3 of them can figure everything out (although my control freak self knows there is bound to be something that I don't agree with).

If I happen to go into labor before my scheduled c-section, it won't take long to throw together stuff for DS. My in-laws have our house key in case we forget anything anyways.

I am going to put together a "big brother bag" of books/toys/snacks for DS, but I'm not sure if I will give it to MIL for his overnight at their house or give it to him at the hospital when he visits his little brother. I'm thinking I may give it to him before he leaves the hospital so he has some fun new things to play with at home and maybe he won't be so sad that he had to leave mommy behind at the hospital.
  • Options
    JFH2010 said:

We have a plan for where DS will go while I'm in labor, but we haven't put together a bag for him or done any other prep. Just wondering how everyone else is preparing their older kid(s). We're lucky that our friends use the same pedi and daycare, so they're familiar with our routine. And he's spent the night there before. But since it will happen (mostly) unexpectedly, it might be a little hard on him. What are you packing? What info are you giving the caretaker? I don't want to send too little but I also don't want to be crazypants mom with a 5-page list of instructions.

We are going to have our family stay at our house to watch DS during labor. We figured it would be easier for them to just stay here, since all his stuff is here already. We have a small backpack packed just in case but I only packed about 10 diapers, pjs, and 2 outfits with socks. We figured once the baby arrives, we would like for him to be with us at the hospital during the day time. This way he can enjoy the moment with us. We are going to bring a few dvds of his and a portable player to keep him entertained. We also got him a bunch of gifts for his "big brother bag" to keep him busy, while there.
  • Options
    Jad is going to my mom's.  I left a box of diapers up there and his bag has an outfit, blankets, a bunch of new matchbox cars and a teddy bear that has my voice saying"I love you, be home soon"  He doesn't go to day care so we will just drop him off when it is time and hope he does well.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"