Infertility
Options

XP from TTCAL: My transfer is postponed indefinitely :(

Many of you know that I had a big ultrasound on Wednesday to see how my uterine lining was looking and to see what was going on with the excess fluid in my ute...well, the appointment didn't go well because my uterus is filled with light brown/tan fluid again.  My doctor was out of town until today so I had to wait until this afternoon to get the call.  To make a very long story shorter, he thinks I might be one of the rare women who have internal bleeding from their c-section scar not closing off completely on the inside. He wants to meet with me and my husband next week to discuss all of our options. I'm devastated and upset, but I don't want to transfer anything until we know what this fluid is. If it is the bleeding from the scar I would have a procedure done where they cauterize the scar on the inside.   It can be done through a vaginal procedure or through a laparoscopic procedure. He wants to meet with us in person to go over all of the latest research on this topic and to go over our options. I'll be benched for the next few months until we find out what's going on 

I trust my doctor and the practice I am a part of so I know I am in good hands.  I think the fact that I have a low AMH covered up this underlying issue.  It wasn't until my IVF procedure that this strange fluid was discovered.  Apparently this fluid acts like poison to embryos, it prevents them from implanting and can cause miscarriages.  

So here I am.  I won't know exactly what's going on for a few weeks but my transfer is postponed indefinitely.

Good luck to everyone, I hope to be able to join another wonderful check-in in December or January.  Special hugs to all of my October Acorns!!!  

imageimageimage
My FF Chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
TTC #3 since June 2013
BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

Re: XP from TTCAL: My transfer is postponed indefinitely :(

• Options
    I'm sorry your transfer was cancelled. I hope they figure out this fluid issue and you can have a smooth transfer in December or January.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I hope whatever it is, they can fix the problem and you can move forward.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you are dealing with that.  I'm crossing everything that it gets resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible and that you get to transfer soon.  I'm so glad they're investigating it, even though it sucks to be benched. (((hugs)))
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I hope your doctor has a good plan and it's not too invasive, difficult, or time-intensive.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    This sucks- I'm so sorry!!

*** siggy warning- losses mentioned- everyone welcome *****

Me:  36

DH:  42  (w/ 2 children from prior marriage)

Us:  TTC for our 1st together since August 2013

1st BFP:  November 2013  (m/c at 7 wks)

2nd BFP:  February 2014  (m/c at 6 wks)

RPL Panel started in March 2014

3rd BFP:  May 2014 (m/c at 5 wks)

4th BFP:  June 2014 (CP at 4 wks)

RE appt in June 2014 (all RPL panel tests are normal...it's likely egg quality due to my age and borderline DOR)

Baseline AFC: 8 follies

2 IUI cycles (July and August 2014- both BFN)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI & PGS- October 2014 (AFC: 8 follies; ER Oct 20:  5R/3M/2F;  the 2 only made it to day 3 and stopped growing before biopsy)

key supplements: DHEA (25mg- 3x/day); CoQ10 (300 mg/day) ISWTE believer here!

IVF #2 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS- AFC:  13 follies!   10R/6M/6F-  5 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET scheduled for February 2015 delayed in order to do one more ER in hopes of getting at least 1 more normal embryo

IVF #3 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS:  7R/5M/5F-  2 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET #1 April 23, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred - BFN

FET #2 June 30, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred- BFP!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"