October 2013 Moms

What is your favorite magazine?

I'm sitting in a coffee shop sans baby and catching up on all my magazines that have been piling up. So what is everyone favorites?
image  image
Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

Re: What is your favorite magazine?

• I subscribe to Parents, Better homes and Gardens, Self, family circle and Real Simple (note I think I got them for $2 a subscription through swag bucks)

I seriously never have time to read them anymore but BHG is deft my fav.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• We don't have any subscriptions anymore but before the bebes we had Scientific American and Runners World.  I like The Atlantic too but am currently in the middle of an 'I don't care what is going on in the world, I'm just trying to keep my shit together day to day' phase, so new magazines are right out.

image4months_2radioflyer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We did a fundraiser for my stepdaughter, so we are swimming in subscriptions that feel like work to get caught up on and read.  Current subscriptions are:  Parents, Working Mother, Women's Health, Shape, Real Simple, Wine Enthusiast, Popular Science, Islands, Consumer Reports.  I *think* that's it. 

I swear another one comes in the mail and I'm like "#$%^ I need to read these things." 

My favorites are Women's Health and Real Simple.

• I don't subscribe to any, but I like People, Parents and Real Simple. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Food & Wine, but only because I got 2 years for free when I bought a mixer and they sometimes include 20% off bed, bath, and beyond coupons.  BBB has gotten really stingy lately about sending their coupons out.  I used to get one every month in my email and the mail, but I hardly get them anymore.  

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • I love Real Simple.

In other news, our admin assistant's husband got her two magazines to read in the car on our work trip this past weekend ("in case we didn't talk" lol). One was Family Circle (which I always confuse with Family Circus), and the other was Women's World. Holy crap. I've never actually looked at a Women's World magazine before. That shit is crazy. The whole thing looks like crazy ADHD, and also every page in it looks like those 'fake' magazine pages that are in real magazines that are supposed to look like articles, but then at the bottom in tiny print it said 'paid advertisement'.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I get really excited when a new issue of Readers' Digest shows up #imold

I also love to read People for quick and easy.
    imageimage
  • The only magazine we still get is Our State (NC) which is nice bc it's all about events and historical places and things here in NC. I rarely flip through it though except to check out recipes.

• I have the Internet. What's a magazine?

The only magazine I used to get was prob 8-10 years ago, Toy Fair.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • bkeane619 said:

I have the Internet. What's a magazine?

The only magazine I used to get was prob 8-10 years ago, Toy Fair.

I agree. For the most part I wouldn't do paper mags anymore, although for more in depth or complicated reading, I still prefer paper. If it's something I really need to focus on to comprehend, I retain more when reading on paper, so someday I'll probably go back to my SA and Atlantic subscriptions.

image4months_2radioflyer

• I like People. That's about it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • I currently get conde nast travler, us weekly, martha stewart parents, and family fun.  I got all subscriptions free.  I rarely read them.  I usually skim them and then pass them along to my mom or sister.

I like Real simple & womans day

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just started some subscriptions to Today's Parent, Style at Home and Chatelaine. (all Canadian publications) I used up my Air Miles points. If I'm at Chapters I will pick up Parents magazine and when I was pregnant I loved Pregnancy and Newborn and Fit Pregnancy. Also some good gossip from People Magazine when at the hairstylist is always fun.
  • I love real simple and texas monthly. They are good to thumb through when DD is napping and I don't feel like being productive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"