May 2015 Moms
Options

Nutrition and Guilt

I get so sick in my first trimester, and so many foods make me sick at the thought of them! Normally I eat extremely healthy so I know what good nutrition is, and it makes me feel so guilty that all of the foods I know to be good for baby and I are making me sick! Thoughts? Consolation? Advice?

Re: Nutrition and Guilt

• Options

Survival mode. You eat what you can and make it through. I don't think I've had any veggies the whole time since I found out. You can eat better later when you feel better

This. I've been having a hard time eating as well as I normally do too. I try to sneak veggies into other things or just eat an spoke if all else fails, but just do the best you can.

imageimageimage

J15 January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

Pregnancy Ticker

Married: 12/08/12
    BFP: 09/21/14
    EDD: 06/04/15

~*~ book nerd forever | Tar Heel '07 ~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are not alone!  I feel this same way.  I thought I'd be a great mommy-growing-baby b/c I already eat healthy....but the veggies have been few and far between :(
  • Options
    You're not alone - it's pretty common and just eat what you can.  I ate a salad for the first time in months yesterday.  It was still only lettuce with ranch (can't stomach other veggies)...but I was very excited.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    Honestly, the aversion to many healthy foods during 1st trimester is why I think they invented prenatal vitamins.  Heck, keeping down food, healthy or not, can be challenging.

Feeling guilty isn't gonna make anything better, but I *totally* get it. My brother-in-law is a personal trainer and any time he hears me talking about food guilt, he always chastises me and says, "Guilt is a worthless emotion when it comes to food. It's fuel, not an indicator of your character. If you take in more fuel, expend more energy, otherwise your body will store the fuel for later." He's always reminding me when I get pouty that outward appearance and weight have nothing to do with whether or not you're a good person. He says to look at my fat as a commitment for future exercise, and to just focus on building muscle because bigger muscles burn more calories. He's pretty hardcore about getting our whole family of computer nerds off the couch.

Remember: we're creating life inside of us, so we're constantly expending more energy than we normally would. Heck, we're *supposed* to eat ~300 calories more per day while this is going on. If you're feeling particularly bad about your food choices on any day, just make sure you move around more. Walking is very good for pregnancy!
    ~Live Well In This Moment With Love For Yourself And Others~ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'd say also try to get the healthiest versions of things you do eat - like whole grain crackers instead of regular white flour ones, etc. It'll probably make you feel better mentally and minimize preservatives so you're getting lots of the good stuff. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"