Babies: 3 - 6 Months

hidden little penis

my LO has a penis that always seems to be retracted into his skin and with every diaper change we have to push it out to look normal.  
the doctor checked it out and said everything with his circumcision looks fine, its just that he has a little "fat pad" in that area that is causing his penis to seem like its hidden. he's a somewhat chubby baby (17 lbs at 4 mo). anyone have this experience? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hidden little penis

• My nephew has the same issue @sweetestlife28 I had never heard of it before. They said it will go away eventually. He's 2 1/2 now, no issues so far and still has the same thing going on. But my sister isn't worried about it. I'm sure it'll be fine. 

• I was just about to post this same thing. I have noticed the same thing for about the last month or so and had planned to ask my pedi about it at his 6 month appt. Glad to see that it's probably a normal thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • This happens to us too and our pedi also mentioned the "fat pad." Not worried about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ok glad to hear this is a normal thing, i worry because i google and come up with crazy things!  thanks for the reassurance! 
  • Our now 3 year old had this until he was almost 2 because he was so chubby. As he got taller and lost his baby fat, it no longer hid. Just be sure to push back the skin often (if he's circumcised) because it seemed like it would reattach easily.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS has the same thing.  It was really bad at first because the skin began to grow back over his penis.  The doctor had to pull it back and it bled and was sore for awhile.  I really have to clean him well and push down on the fat pad to get to everything.  We did not have this problem with our first little boy but he was a completely different body type.  The doctor said it should go away when he gets older and leans out.  .    

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Some of these responses are ridiculous. You shouldn't be judged for helping your baby!

Anyway, my first son had this. We pushed it back and cleaned it at every diaper change to ensure the skin didn't grow back. It's important to do this or it can reattach. He's 3 now and has grown out of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"