Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Period not coming after my D&C

I had a D&C on September 5, it has been almost seven weeks.  I had heard that if it doesn't come in six weeks to make an appointment with my OBGYN.  My boobs do feel heavy...how much longer should I wait until I make an appointment?  I am also planning on taking a pregnancy test within the next few days, but I really don't think that is the case. 

Re: Period not coming after my D&C

• Hi, I'm at 6 weeks since my d&c and my period only just started a couple of days ago. I had light bleeding about 2 weeks after the d&c which may of delayed things. When did you stop bleeding? Also, I think you should call your doctor and let them know what's happening. They usually like to see you around 6 weeks post d&c to make sure everything is ok.
    Married to a wonderful man

TTC since 2001

4 losses - last one in september 2014 (9 weeks - male trisomy 15)

High FSH and low ovarian reserve

Ever hopeful that one day my dreams will come true
  • Hi ladies. My period came exactly 6 weeks to the day after my miscarriage. I had my d and c the next day. My doc had told me to come see him if it hadn't come in 6 weeks. I had booked and appointment for on 7 weeks when I was near 6 weeks, but the cancelled because it came. It wasn't that bad. I had thouht it would have been very heavy etc. It was quite managable and not too painful either (bearing in mind that his was my first period after coming off the pill after years on it. ) xxx it was good to know that my body is getting back to normal again. Xxx have you felt any ovulation pain? I am very new to it as the pill supresses it.That small not too painfulll dull pain under your hipbone. It was the first time I felt it and I marked it on my calendar... and... 14 days after that my period came. I really an trying to become more In tune with my body . Hope your period comes soon xxx I was praying for mine to finally just
    come.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a 2 week post d and c follow up.  She said she didn't need to see me again until I was pregnant again.  I am going to give it a few more days and in the meantime take a pregnancy test just to rule that out. 
  • My doc said my period won't return until all my hcg is out of my system. It could be up to 3 months. Keep that in mind if you do take a pregnancy test, it could be your remaining hormones.
  • Pretty sure all my previous pregnancy hormones are gone because a few weeks ago I got a negative test.
  • @shaina925‌ Or @megt216‌ I just took a pregnancy test too. Got a negative result. tomorrow is 3 weeks since my natural m/c. My last hcg blood draw was 39 on 10/10. I was so tired of getting poked and prodded and my doctors were very disrespectful in dealing with my case, so I really didn't want to go back to them. Do you know how accurate a negative pregnancy test is in determining if all the hcg is out of you? Any help would be great. Thanks!
  • I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to that. My levels were never checked..
  • I think it came today, although it isn't very heavy.  My boobs hurt, so I am going to count it as my period.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"