July 2014 Moms

FFFC

BPawsBPaws member
edited October 2014 in July 2014 Moms
Anyone?? Anyone?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

image                   image       

Re: FFFC

• We are having some issues with our daycare for DD. Husband let me call in to work today so we didn't have to send her and can sort things out with them. Maybe. He's working on our budget and is going to talk to our mortgage company to see if we still qualify without my income.

Confession: I don't feel bad about calling in. It's my first week back and I've been fairly productive and managed not to melt down at work so I think that's pretty damn good.
  • Loading the player...
  • cookiemomma14cookiemomma14 member
    edited October 2014

DS hates his reflux meds and screams and spits them out. So I have to mix it with bm, and he takes it no problem. I hate pumping and washing the parts for just a little bit of milk that I need for him to take it, so I hold a bottle in the other side and catch the milk.

Edit: words and swipe don't mix

• I think the cadance of dialogue on the Gilmore Girls is annoying...that may be an unpopular opinion not a confession? Whatever.
    image.
  • I've been reading a lot of articles on the pro's of breastfeeding into toddler-hood. It's making me want to breastfeed DD for longer than a year. DH thinks a year is plenty long. A few weeks ago I silently flamed a lady a who's still BFing her 18MO. She admitted to only doing it for her emotional satisfaction though. So that only makes me half a hypocrite, right? :-?
  • Ekg688 said:
    I've been reading a lot of articles on the pro's of breastfeeding into toddler-hood. It's making me want to breastfeed DD for longer than a year. DH thinks a year is plenty long. A few weeks ago I silently flamed a lady a who's still BFing her 18MO. She admitted to only doing it for her emotional satisfaction though. So that only makes me half a hypocrite, right? :-?

For her emotional satisfaction?  That's weird to me.  I nursed DS for 19 months because he "needed" it for HIS emotional needs. He self weaned, which was my goal.  I did not want to force him to stop something that he wasn't ready for.  I sure was glad though when he did. 

Another FFFC:  He still puts his hand down my shirt for comfort when he's upset or going to sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I breastfed DS until 15 months when he weaned himself (I did don't offer, don't refuse once he started on whole milk). At that point it was only in the morning and at bedtime anyway but I would have nursed him until 2 if he wanted. Beyond that I'm not sure I would want to do but we'll see what happens with this one.
  • I eat more then most teenage boys these days....today I have had
    a bagel with ham and cheese
    an apple
    two pieces of toast with jelly
    a large cheeseburger
    a pastry from starbucks
    a bowl of soup
    a banana
    2 packs of raisons.

It's only 2:30....I gotta stop. I'm just so hungry.
    image.
  • beff12 said:
    I am glad that I can BF - it's good time spent with LO and I know we're saving money. The confession is that it makes me sad because my boobs look so different now. That makes me feel so shallow and I'm obviously not going to stop because of that, but I miss my pre-pregnancy boobs!
    don't worry - the next time you get knocked up, your knockers will fill right out again :)
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • On the BF theme -

DS2 has some kind of protein intolerance - so far I've eliminated Dairy, Soy, Gluten and Egg from my diet to try to figure out what is wrong with him. I miss eating out, but other than that, once I got the hang of what I could and couldn't eat, it hasn't been so hard.  My confession:  I'm bummed that my kid has green stools and had so much discomfort early on, but I'm kind of selfishly glad that his issues got me to really diet. I haven't seen these numbers on the scale since before I was pregnant with DS1.  I'm a terrible person.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Since we are on the topic, my confession is also BF related.

While I enjoy BF my son, and enjoy the financial benefits of not having to buy formula, I am really ready to have my body back and be able to wear any and all of my clothes without worrying about it being good for nursing. I also really hate pumping.

So while right now I'm committed to try to breastfeed until 1 year, I am undecided on whether or not I will continue after that point. 
    I went to 15 months last time, and hope to do it again this time, but it makes it hard to travel without them, especially as they get older. I would love to go someplace for my 40th next month or to go on a girl's trip, but really feel tied down by the tatas.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I secretly like my BF boobs and wish they could stay like this.  I'm pretty flat-chested at any other time in my life.  It's a rare treat for DH for me to have some curves and not have a chest like a pre-pubescent girl!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since we are on the topic, my confession is also BF related.

While I enjoy BF my son, and enjoy the financial benefits of not having to buy formula, I am really ready to have my body back and be able to wear any and all of my clothes without worrying about it being good for nursing. I also really hate pumping.

So while right now I'm committed to try to breastfeed until 1 year, I am undecided on whether or not I will continue after that point. 
    I went to 19 months with DS and plan to let DD self-wean too, but I cannot seem to lose weight while BFing and I'm really tired of hating my body because of it. It's also really annoying to find nursing-friendly winter clothes...

image image
  • bullybutt said:
    Ekg688 said:
    I've been reading a lot of articles on the pro's of breastfeeding into toddler-hood. It's making me want to breastfeed DD for longer than a year. DH thinks a year is plenty long. A few weeks ago I silently flamed a lady a who's still BFing her 18MO. She admitted to only doing it for her emotional satisfaction though. So that only makes me half a hypocrite, right? :-?

For her emotional satisfaction?  That's weird to me.  I nursed DS for 19 months because he "needed" it for HIS emotional needs. He self weaned, which was my goal.  I did not want to force him to stop something that he wasn't ready for.  I sure was glad though when he did. 

Another FFFC:  He still puts his hand down my shirt for comfort when he's upset or going to sleep.

Reading these out of order...but @bullybutt, I could have written the same as you. DS nursed for 19 months and still likes to lay his head on my chest/stick his hand down my shirt.

image image
  • Here's another one. I looked at the clock and it said 4:15 and decided it was acceptable to open a beer. I probably would have had one even earlier, but I was out running errands.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've been on maternity leave since the end of May. A mom of a kid that was in my class keeps wanting to skype with me because "he misses me...etc." The kid isn't even in my school anymore and that was 5 months ago - the last time I skyped with them, he wouldn't even get on the phone and I had to watch him on his scooter.

FML. I DON'T WANT TO SKYPE WITH YOUUUUU.

Now, i'm sitting here waiting for her to get on with the skype show. She has til 5 cause DD needs to eat. 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • ohdarla said:

I've been on maternity leave since the end of May. A mom of a kid that was in my class keeps wanting to skype with me because "he misses me...etc." The kid isn't even in my school anymore and that was 5 months ago - the last time I skyped with them, he wouldn't even get on the phone and I had to watch him on his scooter.

FML. I DON'T WANT TO SKYPE WITH YOUUUUU.

Now, i'm sitting here waiting for her to get on with the skype show. She has til 5 cause DD needs to eat. 
    Kudos to you. There is no way I'd be skyping with a kid from 5 months ago. That's dedication.
  • I was irrationally annoyed Walmart didn't have Christmas wrapping paper out when I was there today. I do realize it's not even Halloween yet. But I've been trying to get a lot of shopping done early and I'm running out of room in my closet to stash it so I wanted to wrap it and put it in the attic. I have gifts hidden in plain sight in brown boxes in my room so I'm just glad DS isn't at a snooping age yet. And that he can't read as one of them says "FISHER PRICE CRAWL AROUND CAR" in big letters (fortunately, no pictures of it. ;)
  • Jbosarge85Jbosarge85 member
    edited October 2014
    bullybutt said:

Ekg688 said:

Edit: Quote fail

I originally was planning on weaning DD at 1yr but once we got there I decided 2, or self wean before that. She self weaned at 16months. I was so sad.
    Then get brother got here 2months later. The only time she ever got jealous of him was when she saw him nursing for the first time. She crawled on my lap and was crying so I lifted my shirt on the other side she took a taste and made a face and that was that. I guess it tasted different. She still will sometimes stick her hand down my shirt, she did it just tonight to get to sleep.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My confession is that I am pissed at my body for being fat with high blood pressure and having needed two csections because I want to have another baby sooner rather than late. But I have to lose weight, lower my bp, and let my ute heal so pregnancy doesn't kill me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no desire to watch Downton Abbey or Breaking Bad.

I'm aware that it's Saturday but I was sick yesterday and missed FFFC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"