January 2014 Moms

Silly things people say

Has anyone encountered someone lately who made a comment or did something that made you scratch your head and wonder WTH?

My cousin (c) text me today at 1:35pm and this is how the conversation went:
C: what time does Adalyn nap at?
Me: 2
C: ok. Can we come by for a visit now?
Me: umm..well she's going to sleep in 15-20 mins...
C: ok. Maybe another time then?

WTH? Her kids would come get Adalyn all rilled up then she'd be super cranky and not want to nap. Sure. Let's do that.

Re: Silly things people say

• YES. My Mother in law....

She was giving her a bath on Monday after watching her all day on her day off and I could hear them playing. I have a small cup that we use to rinse her off with and she was letting DD play with the cup (nbd there) and heard MIL say to DD "I think you can drink out of a cup. I bet you could drink out of a cup if you were allowed to, but you're not."

WHAT??? Who ever said she was not allowed to drink out of a cup? Actually, we know she can because she likes to try to drink out of our cups all  the time. But #1 - she just started really drinking out of a sippy cup and #2 - regular cups are messy and I know that once we start we can never go back.

I just don't understand my MIL...

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• "Omg she has a birth mark!!"

I just want to be like "NO WAY!!! I've spent every wakig moment with my daughter for ten months and I've NEVER NOTICED THAT!!!" /:)

People are so stupid.
  • Loading the player...
  • danaadell said:
    People: where did he get the red hair from (we are brunettes)? Me: idk, god?
    We get that too! Both H and I are dark brown hair and eyes and LO is blue eyed and reddish/little brown.  
  • No one in my family understands that my kid naps three times a day.

STUCK IN BOX

Yes, totally this. SIL advised me to try to transition DD to one nap a day. I don't really get why. If DD willingly takes 2 naps, why would I get rid of one? She obviously needs it PLUS if gives me two breaks a day, win win. 

I also was scratching my head at her giving me advice on baby sleep in general. Their boys do not sleep well at all, while DD has been sleeping through the night for months.

(For the record I'm not judging her for her kids sleeping habits - I totally get that some kids take longer to sort out good sleep habits than others. I actually think that most parents whose babies sleep well just get lucky, to be honest, and that it rarely has to do with the parents. Mostly I'm just confused why she wants me to try to fix something that ain't broken!)
  • @tristalips‌ was she being serious?
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• We took lo to urgent care for a potential skin issue that turned out to be just a scratch but the nurse commented oh 20 lbs already, you can almost turn his seat around. Um no not even if he were one, how about you leave car seat decisions to safety people and his parents. I was like uh huh sure. Not smart as a nurse to suggest something against aap recommendation the very first time you meet us.
  • The only weird thing I have gotten so far is strangers saying, are they both yours?  They look nothing alike.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a friend who the other weekend asked if Logan was excited to be a big brother and if he talks about it. In her defense, we were at a wedding and she was kind of drunk. I didn't even know what to say. I was like, well, he can't really talk yet and he doesn't understand the concept of us having another baby right now. Haha.

And I always hear how busy we're going to be with 2 so close together. No shit. Well aware we're going to busy. Thanks for pointing it out though.

• *loss mentioned* 

My OB at my follow up loss appt: "I just want you to know, you could use donor sperm an not have to worry about cf next time." 
     Me: I'm not worried about cf. It isn't a fear for us. 
     Doc: well, you're whole life is going to revolve around dd's health. 

Like it doesn't now? I'm sorry, that may be a good choice for some families, but if you have to preface it by saying "I hope this doesn't offend you" then you probably know who you are talking to well enough to know it will... There is always a 75% chance that the next lo will be cf-free. I would be cutting out DH for a 25% chance of something we aren't afraid of handling. Plenty of families do.

Also, what message would that send DD? "You are so much work, we didn't want to go through that again" Or to the next LO: "We needed to focus on DD's health so much we couldn't risk  you having it as well." There is no way to not send a CF-is-a-bad-thing-to-be-avoided message to my child who has to live with it every day. I don't have an answer for the future, and I am certainly hopped up on hormones, but discussing it like that out of the blue while dealing with the loss was not cool! 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @JGjocelyn‌ , wow! That's a terrible thing for your dr to say! Hope you are doing well!
  • @ NenaMarie84 , Thanks, we are doing well, I'm just ready to be physically done so we can move on. 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

• Thanks @esd and @mamatoosh‌.

I love my doc, if I didn't that conversation would have been enough to make me want to change. Honestly though, I think her intentions were to save me from something she thinks I don't understand. She's been fantastic through everything else, so I'll let it go this time.

• I can't go anywhere without someone making a comment about the color of my son's hair.

"Oh look a ginger."

"Who has the red hair."

etc. I have just gotten used to it but it's pretty damn annoying

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @bluegreeneyes11‌, congrats on #2! Not sure if I missed an announcement, my memory sucks, but just noticed your ticker!
  • @bluegreeneyes11‌, congrats on #2! Not sure if I missed an announcement, my memory sucks, but just noticed your ticker!
    NenaMarie84. I never really "announced". I wasn't too active of a poster when I was pregnant and after I had my son. I am the new fb group and am enjoying that. The fb format is much easier for me as I am usually mobile. :)  I think I may have mentioned it in a post about J14 Moms who were expecting.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"