December 2013 Moms

Just keep Spamming! Just keep Spamming!

DD's Dory costume from Etsy came in yesterday. DS is going to be Nemo. The cuteness may be too much to handle lol
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: Just keep Spamming! Just keep Spamming!

• Loading the player...
  • My kid has become a machine on bottles. Normally she takes 4 six ounce bottles + meals each day. Yesterday she took two bottles in a 30 min time frame (around 4pm), 12 ounces...wth?? Then after her nightly 6:30 bottle woke up screaming at 11:30...downed another! That's 12 ounces more than usual, 50% more!! And she normally is so distracted that it's a battle to even finish one! I don't get it.

In other news...TGIF! This has seemed like the longest week ever and I'm so excited for the town pumpkin patch tomorrow and all next weeks activities! Church trunk or treat and fall party Monday, high school homecoming parade Thursday, and high school trunk or treat and football game on Halloween. So much fun!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I realized today that my child is probably the oldest one at school still using the pumpkin seat.  Yes, I am a lazy mother. 

Stupid, stupid question:  what do you do with baby while you're getting your stuff together in the morning?  We are in a great routine where I strap her in her seat when we get downstairs, then put her bag and my stuff in the car, then run back inside and get her.  I guess high chair?  Seems like a bigger pain in the ass.....

• fauxveganfauxvegan member
    edited October 2014
    @thesportsgal‌ I always stick her in her high chair while I put our bags in the car and get last minute things. It works pretty well for us but we also use a convertible car seat so I strap her in it in the car.

ETA I'm going to start using the pack n play

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Turk721 said:

I realized today that my child is probably the oldest one at school still using the pumpkin seat.  Yes, I am a lazy mother. 

Stupid, stupid question:  what do you do with baby while you're getting your stuff together in the morning?  We are in a great routine where I strap her in her seat when we get downstairs, then put her bag and my stuff in the car, then run back inside and get her.  I guess high chair?  Seems like a bigger pain in the ass.....

Pack n play....crib...?
    Oh thanks for reminding me! We have her pack n play in the living room. I'll have to start doing that to avoid all the strapping in.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @thesportsgal‌ My kid just crawls around the kitchen...but there is a clear line of site from the kitchen to the garage. She becomes a raging monster when restrained unless it's to eat.
  • The crib is upstairs so not an option.  I guess high chair it is, unless I want to bring the pack n play in the kitchen.  I just feel like I set her in her high chair SO MUCH...but that's the way it is for now, I guess ;) 

• Took my first day off work today since I was on Maternity leave because daycare was closed. Sitting here bumping while Finner bangs on a pot lid with a wooden spoon.
  • I steam apples in small cubes and sprinkle them with cinnamon. Or you can bake them with cinnamon. I've also used them in savory food. I make a sweet potato, Granny Smith Apple, spicy turkey sausage, and maple hash that LO devours.
  • lp0lp0 member
    So we have a woodpecker pecking giant holes in our house (see pic). DH shot one with his pellet gun the other day and I felt so bad even though I know it's destroying our house. Well apparently that wasn't the offending woodpecker because it's back. I caught him in the act and ran to get the pellet gun. I couldn't pull the trigger and I'm pretty sure it was mocking me. image
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• lp0lp0 member
    Lol pfp! I think you'd have a bigger hole in your house from the shotgun.

DH hates killing things (he puts spiders outside for gods sake). He enjoys target shooting and got this pellet gun that looks like a riffle and shoots 1200 ft per sec. It's no joke and was actually blowing holes through the target and through the shed.

Anyways last year we had a squirrel ripping garbage apart and dragging it through the yard. DH decided to "scare" it with the pellet gun using a flat pellet made for paper targets. Yeah it did not end well for the squirrel and DH was so upset for like three days lol. That's why I'm so surprised he's on a mission to kill the woodpecker.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• @imrachellea THAT is a good idea!  Never thought to bake the apples or use cinnamon (probably because I don't like baked apples or cinnamon) But I bet baby girl would!!!

How do you not like cinnamon or baked apples?!? Now you're REALLY on my list.
  • Help!! The kids have a costume party tomorrow and dd1s original costume isn't going to work so she decided on the queen of hearts. Of course everything is picked over would this work? How could I make it more queen of hearty? Should I do a crown or is that little hat ok? image

You need some hearts on it stat!
  • lp0lp0 member

lpo198 said:

Lol pfp! I think you'd have a bigger hole in your house from the shotgun.

DH hates killing things (he puts spiders outside for gods sake). He enjoys target shooting and got this pellet gun that looks like a riffle and shoots 1200 ft per sec. It's no joke and was actually blowing holes through the target and through the shed.

Anyways last year we had a squirrel ripping garbage apart and dragging it through the yard. DH decided to "scare" it with the pellet gun using a flat pellet made for paper targets. Yeah it did not end well for the squirrel and DH was so upset for like three days lol. That's why I'm so surprised he's on a mission to kill the woodpecker.

Awe, your poor DH. I mean, that's hilarious, but I still feel kind of bad for him. Ha.

Sounds like a fancy pellet gun. Don't tell my DH about it!

It is really fancy! It even has a scope on it lol. He got it at Dick's sporting goods for like $150 or something. I have to admit it's fun target shooting with.

Maybe this should be a FFFC but he let DS look through the scope while shooting a target and it kicked back and gave DS a little shiner. I was so pissed at him and he felt so bad. He hasn't let DS be near it since. Men definitely don't use their heads sometimes.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• lp0lp0 member

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I try not to complain about sleep because so many mamas have all my sorries, but I'm sooo tired today. LO is apparently cutting all 4 lateral incisors and has been a mess all week. I've basically been awake since 2am, even with DH helping out.

BUT I recently discovered Old Navy's rock star jean and wow, I'm in love. It's been a long time since I checked out their women's clothes, but I feel like their quality has improved significantly. Plus.. inexpensive so if your old jeans no longer fit, but you don't want to spend a lot of $$ right now.
  • serend said:

I try not to complain about sleep because so many mamas have all my sorries, but I'm sooo tired today. LO is apparently cutting all 4 lateral incisors and has been a mess all week. I've basically been awake since 2am, even with DH helping out.

BUT I recently discovered Old Navy's rock star jean and wow, I'm in love. It's been a long time since I checked out their women's clothes, but I feel like their quality has improved significantly. Plus.. inexpensive so if your old jeans no longer fit, but you don't want to spend a lot of $$ right now.

I actually like old navy jeans for cheap jeans. They get saggy fast but all jeans do on me. Also, Kahlan is cutting those too. On top of the the second top central incisor. One of the laterals came out before the central. That was a surprise.

I'm trying to read Proust (in French) by one. Guise. Proust is hard.
  • ameegee said:

serend said:

I try not to complain about sleep because so many mamas have all my sorries, but I'm sooo tired today. LO is apparently cutting all 4 lateral incisors and has been a mess all week. I've basically been awake since 2am, even with DH helping out.

I actually like old navy jeans for cheap jeans. They get saggy fast but all jeans do on me. Also, Kahlan is cutting those too. On top of the the second top central incisor. One of the laterals came out before the central. That was a surprise.

I'm trying to read Proust (in French) by one. Guise. Proust is hard.
    Re: the bolded. This happens to me and these haven't gotten saggy! They hold up better than my gap jeans.

• That's so awesome @heyitsmamac‌ !! Big huge congrats!

• Can someone tell me the best way to cook steak? I have two round bottom pre seasoned steaks that need to be cooked tonight, but I have no idea where to start.

• @aj75 THAT IS ADORABLE!!

@heyitsmamac CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Speaking of Etsy, can someone help me?  I've spent WAY too much time and effort in trying to figure out how to buy party stuff for cheap and unfortunately, ordered a "print at home" file for LO's birthday invite.  I should have just ordered the printed invites because I don't see how it's going to save $$ by taking them to a print shop.  I've tried looking into every place I can think of but I just don't see it. 

Am I missing something with these print at home files??

• @aj75 THAT IS ADORABLE!!

@heyitsmamac CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Speaking of Etsy, can someone help me?  I've spent WAY too much time and effort in trying to figure out how to buy party stuff for cheap and unfortunately, ordered a "print at home" file for LO's birthday invite.  I should have just ordered the printed invites because I don't see how it's going to save $$ by taking them to a print shop.  I've tried looking into every place I can think of but I just don't see it. 

Am I missing something with these print at home files??
    Buy card stock at michael's and bring that and the file to kinkos.  They will help you print them yourself and it'll be way cheaper than a print shop.
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• So we are going to a birthday party for a 3 year old little girl tomorrow. What's a relatively inexpensive gift "Jude could get her"? She is the daughter of another teacher at my school, so I've only seen the little girl in passing once.

• @Turk721‌ you look great!

• @thesportsgal‌ i ran into the same issue when I was hosting a baby shower for a friend. The etsy seller suggested it!
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• aj75 said:

@Turk you look hot!

One of my friends just found out she's pregnant.  She told me she googled to see if she could eat fried fish in a fish taco..... :-@

To be fair, DH freaked out about me eating a poppyseed muffin.
  • Congrats @heyitsmamac‌!!! I think all of the slogans are cute, but I like the adding to the patch one best.

@thesportsgal‌ when I get ready in the mornings, I keep C in a walker with fold out tray similar to this. On her cranky days I put bits of cheese or puffs on the tray.

Our street decided to have a street party/potluck on Halloween. We are on a hill so trick or treaters tend to skip over us. I'm excited about this because I will be able to drink wine, eat candy, and show off C's costume while sitting in a lounge chair. And I won't have to answer the door or deal with our barking dogs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"