December 2013 Moms

Solid Food Regression...

Has anyone else struggled with LO no longer eating solids well? DD used to be a pretty good eater but I've been having trouble the last couple weeks. I've tried bigger bites, smaller bites, new foods, old favorites, even baby food with little luck! :( She's also been sleeping like garbage! :( Any ideas on how to encourage her to eat?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Solid Food Regression...

• K is over purees...only problem is he doesn't have teeth yet. We have been doing a lot of soft fruit and pasta and steamed veggies. He seems to only like food he can feed himself have you tried that with her? And maybe she's going through teething or a growth spurt and that's affected her sleep?
  • Teething makes my LO regress in the sleep and eating department. She has been refusing purées for about 2.5 months now. So we do all kinds of table foods. Just keep offering. She'll get back on track eventually.
  • Loading the player...
  • mlwertsmlwerts member
    edited October 2014
    Yeah we've been doing table food for while and we do let her self feed. It's just so frustrating! :(

Edit: I can't type
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If she's teething. Or maybe just a period not in good appetite.

But for my case (when I encounter similar to your issue). I tried to give my son chilled apple juice for a start to try out see if he's really no appetite or is it the teething pain. When he taking more of the juice, I then realise is the teething pain. So what I did during that time was to feed my son chilled juice before purée food.

Another way I did was to reduce his milk intake before his solid food mealtime.
  • Also you can try purée mix fruits for your child. As its sweet and more tasty than vege. Just to feed them during their uneasy time.
  • LO has become increasingly difficult to feed, so I've allowed him to do more self-feeding, and it seems like he's done a better job in the last few days.  He's still toothless though, so our food options are limited. Have you allowed her to self feed?

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• @mamag and @irachelle THANK YOU! I have been trying to explain this to everyone but I kept getting ganged up on and then he actually almost choked on some chicken so I have been nervous lol. 
  • lp0lp0 member
    Yup we're just coming out of a regression. DD refused any solids for over a week. She finally seems back on track though. Now if I could only get her to eat meat. This girl is definitely not a fan.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• mamaj1220 said:

K is over purees...only problem is he doesn't have teeth yet. We have been doing a lot of soft fruit and pasta and steamed veggies. He seems to only like food he can feed himself have you tried that with her? And maybe she's going through teething or a growth spurt and that's affected her sleep?

Just FYI, no teeth are needed to eat real solids. Their gums are very (like very very, haha) hard. Some babies don't get teeth until after a year and will have been eating "real" food by then. :)  We've done BLW with both girls and started them on regular solid foods - basically what we're eating - well before they had teeth. By 10 months they can handle pretty much anything if they're into solid foods.

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"