January 2013 Moms

Is there something in the water!?

DH's mom emailed last night that she's leaving my FIL. She's threatened to leave before (he's physically and emotionally abusive) but I think this time she might actually be ready to pull the trigger.

So much drama and horrible things being said and just general sadness for MIL, who was arranged to be married and came here by herself when she was 18 to marry that jerk.

Not looking for answers but would appreciate some kind thoughts sent MIL's way to help her be brave right now.
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Is there something in the water!?

• Good for her, what a jerk!!  Where is she from  (in re the arranged marriage)?  How long have they been  married?  She must be pretty admirably gutsy to finally leave him (or be close to it, anyway).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From India, married 35 years. He is a horrible person. I mean, it would take several bottles of wine to fully describe him and his crazy family.

• Loading the player...
  • Sending strength as well as T&Ps her way. I hope she is able to find whatever is best for her and makes her happy.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• T&P'S for her and your family.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It sounds like she's a strong woman to put up with him for that long and to finally say she's had enough. Good for her. It sounds like she's making the right decision and lucky that she has your support!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A lot of the reason she stayed is that divorce is really shameful in thei community...even though she has the most legitimate reason ever to leave. I just hope she stays strong.
  • b0710 said:

@DCKate - How is your H handling all of this?  I can imagine this must be very difficult for him to watch, considering it's both of his parents.

He's been her biggest advocate for leaving FIL, probably since he was 10. We don't know what the catalyst was yet (she gets here tomorrow and we will learn more then) but whatever it was, I am grateful it got her out of there.

• Sending lots of prayers to your MIL! Good for her for standing up for what she wants/deserves!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I hope she stays strong too.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards