August 2012 Moms

Babies on the brain

Anyone else here planning to TTC soon? Would love some company on my next BMB!

We've decided to TTC #2 in the new year. Assuming I get pregnant in the first 3-6 months of trying, that puts the age gap about where I always thought it would be.

Except of course since we discussed and agreed on January, it seems much more real and I want to be pregnant NOW. I'm not on BC. We've just been using condoms. We had unprotected sex earlier this week and I'm torn between wanting to be pregnant and hoping I'm not! It'll be a long holiday season of visiting in-laws if I can't drink...!

No point to this post really. Carry on.
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Babies on the brain

• Good luck lady.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• i totally feel ya. we've been using condoms this whole time, and we started trying last cycle. i was feeling so "off" afterwards that i started thinking i was pregnant. then i alternated between feeling terrified and like i'd made a horrible mistake, and then thinking omg, what if i'm not, i'll be so disappointed. ;P needless to say, it turned out i wasn't pregnant.

i say go for it now! it may take a few months, anyway. and we're not getting any younger (i say that as a person about to turn 33).
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm due in December! :P

It took us way less time in the TTC phase (since I had been using non-hormonal BC, we didn't need to wait for it to clear my system) and it was a little jarring to go from let's TTC to BFP so quickly (not that I'm complaining! We were super lucky and pleased) so I didn't have a lot of time to second guess. It's probably for the best though, we really want a 2nd and I have a feeling that if I thought about it too much I would have talked myself out of being pregnant again. 

Good luck!
  • We probably won't be trying again until June 2015.   It took us longer to conceive J, and we had a loss in between.... so factoring that in, we are hoping and aiming to have #3 sometime in 2016.   But, we will be trying to avoid being due September-December (yes....  for hunting season).  

image                   image       

• @BPaws....I was lurking on A12 and saw that you were thinking of TTC in June '15.  That's exactly what we are thinking.  Once E turns a year old we'll probably try for #3.  We could be 3 u 4 if our timing works out right.  (N wouldn't be 4 yet once #3 was born)

Are we going to be on the same baby making track AGAIN? Great minds think alike ;)

BFP #1 - January 2010...m/c at 12 weeks 
    BFP #2 - December 2011, little lady #1 born August 2012
    BFP #3 - August 2013....m/c at 5 weeks 
    BFP #4 - October 2013....little lady #2 born June 2014

• @DaisyHeadMayzie‌
    Nobody drink the water on the island! Apparently it makes you crazy!!!

Also, it would be great to go through it again with you!

image                   image       

• I'm good with my 2. I used to think I wanted 3 but not anymore. I got a tubal when I had DD2. I'm getting old and didn't want to be pregnant again. Good luck to all those trying!
    victoria5month samantha5
  • vvvvvfee said:

i totally feel ya. we've been using condoms this whole time, and we started trying last cycle. i was feeling so "off" afterwards that i started thinking i was pregnant. then i alternated between feeling terrified and like i'd made a horrible mistake, and then thinking omg, what if i'm not, i'll be so disappointed. ;P needless to say, it turned out i wasn't pregnant.

i say go for it now! it may take a few months, anyway. and we're not getting any younger (i say that as a person about to turn 33).

Hahaha! Yes, I totally get that feeling of horror/excitement. I'm not pregnant this cycle either and as a person who just turned 34, I ain't getting any younger!
  • @BPaws....I was lurking on A12 and saw that you were thinking of TTC in June '15.  That's exactly what we are thinking.  Once E turns a year old we'll probably try for #3.  We could be 3 u 4 if our timing works out right.  (N wouldn't be 4 yet once #3 was born)

Are we going to be on the same baby making track AGAIN? Great minds think alike ;)

You ladies are brave/crazy :). With our first two 17 months apart, we need a lot more time in between if we try for a third! We also don't want three in full time daycare/preschool. So our plan for #3, if we're lucky enough for it to happen around when we want, is to try to have a third baby when DD goes to kindergarten. So that would put us trying in fall/winter 2016. I will be 35 then, though, so who knows if it will happen around the time we would like.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • We definitely have a baby on the brain.  I am finally in cycle 1 of 2 until we can start trying again after our loss.  I'm hoping we will get pregnant again quickly....and terrified.

Good luck to all you ladies TTC again!

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I am currently in the middle of IVF #2 with ET around November 9. I did a fresh cycle in September with PGD and the froze the two genetically intact embryos. If this cycle is not successful I don't know if I have the emotional wherewithal to try again.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm thinking we'll be TTC somewhere between nov-jan! That's coming super soon..ahh

imageimage

• Hi Friends!!! Sneaking back in here. :)

We are getting married in April and will start trying then. I'm back on the bump to brush up on my TTC vocab and tips! Then ultimately work on total domination for my next BMB.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I won't be 2 until August. That is the soonest I would think about it. I am thinking of waiting until August 2016 to TTC again though.
    imageimage
  • Babies have definatly been on my brain for some time. I don't think babies have been off my brain since we started TTC for #1 back in Jan 2009!

We were Dx "unexplained infertility" and went through 3 IUIs and 3 IVFs before getting pregnant with DD.  So I'm prepaired that TTC for #2 might be time consuming too.  Although we'll have to do IVF again, I've been secretly hoping that it would happen on its own (like all those people that other people know ... lol ... I'm not sure they really exist or if people tell me these stories to make me feel better).

Anyway, we stopped using condoms when my AF came back 9 months PP.  That was like 18 months ago!  :-(   

So, needless to say it has not happend on its own.

I go in phases ... some months I'm super "in tune" with my cycle, taking my temp, charting, timing everything.  But then other months I'm just so sad/frustrated/disapointed that I don't chart at all.  Sometimes I feel if I go "crazy" and chart everything, than I'm more disapointed each month when AF comes. 

With all that being said ... I'm hoping we can start treatments again early in 2015.  My RE wants DD 100% weaned for a month before we start treatments ... so I'm hoping to have her weaned by the new year! 

I'm 35 and DH is 41, and we're not getting any younger!  I'm crossing my fingers that we won't have to go through as many IVF cycles this time around.

Good luck!  It sounds like there will be a few of us TTC n early 2015!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• MoFree said:
    I am currently in the middle of IVF #2 with ET around November 9. I did a fresh cycle in September with PGD and the froze the two genetically intact embryos. If this cycle is not successful I don't know if I have the emotional wherewithal to try again.

@MoFree - How are you feeling after your transfer?  Sending luck your way!

I know IF sucks.  It's a roller coaster of emotions ... a roller coaster that I have been on for too long ... sometimes I feel like I am stuck up-side-down on one of those loopty-loops! 

Do you post on any of the IF boards?  I on occasion stalk the secondary IF board, but have not posted anything yet.  I feel like once I introduce myself and start posting, all those TTC/IUI/IVF emotions are going to come out full force. 

I'm hoping to start IVF cycles again in early 2015 ... so I'll probaly start posting over there soon.

But you may find it helpful?

Good luck!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"