Postpartum Depression

Identity crisis?

Does anyone else feel like they are having an identity crisis? I feel like I've been lost and searching for who I am since my DS was born. That was 2.5 yrs ago if you can't see my siggy. I'm not sure who I am anymore or how I fit into the world. I described it to my therapist and DH today as feeling like I'm floating outside my body, looking around at how other people act and expect me to act, and trying to figure out how to do it all "right". And that I wish I could just "land" somewhere and feel at home with myself. Does anyone else feel that way?

Re: Identity crisis?

• My LO is only 4 mths old and I do feel that way, but obviously 2.5 years is a long time to have that feeling. We put everything we have into these children and start to forget who we are. Hope your therapist is able to help you process what you're feeling.
  • Thanks for the replies. It's helpful just to know I'm not the only one feeling this way.
    It's true I've poured so much of my energy into being the best possible mom, I've sort of forgotten how to be anything else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"