TTC after 35

NTTCR: The flip side: the battles they don't (or do) choose

A spin off of the battles you don't choose.... what drives others crazy about you.  

DH hates that I leave my shoes all over the house., specifically in front of the couch or under the table.. most of the time he just picks them up and puts them back by the door.  
And that I tend to come up with something I want to do and then take forever to act
And my side of the room is a slew(sp?) of clothes... I pick them up eventually... and I now have a hamper in the bathroom instead of a pile so I'm getting better.... 

What annoying habits do you have?
me:41   dh:43 
Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart

Re: NTTCR: The flip side: the battles they don't (or do) choose

• I have a clothes room...clothes spill everywhere. He just closes the door. What you can't see, can't annoy.

It drives me crazy, too, but I was not blessed with the skill of organization...

I'm also about 100% more social than he is and would be happy to have something to do out and about just about every night...he would be happy never leaving the house. I plan, plan, plan and he puts on a happy face and comes out usually (and I've tempered myself to just a few events a month).
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • I am perpetually late. And I take too long to get ready to leave the house. I think I'm getting better though -- really! The BF doesn't usually say anything as such, but he gives me the look -- I'm sure some of you know the look I mean?

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @clgsquared I'm in the same boat; nothing seems to faze him and meanwhile I am set off by what to him must seem like the most insignificant things.

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @wannabmama23 i also have a clothes room. The bedrooms in our current house are really small and the closets are minuscule - I moved in with DH right before the wedding and so he already had the whole "master bedroom" full of his stuff. So I took over the second bedroom as a closet - he barely ever goes in there.

I used to have an issue with fully closing doors/cabinets/drawers. I put it in my wedding vows that I would endeavor to fully close everything. 
  • @WinoGrrl‌ I have the same closing things affliction...though I always close doors, at least (I'm actually a little crazy about that). But drawers? Good luck, ha.
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • DH is much more safety-conscious and risk-aware than I am.  It's mostly an issue with DD--we go through a few rounds of "Don't let her put that in her mouth! " (etc)  "What--why not?" every day.

We both agree that his mother has more than a little bit of untreated anxiety disorder going on, and that he's learned some of those behaviors from her, so it's not like he really thinks I'm negligent.  But I know he wishes I would show more concern about germs and things.  Generally speaking, he's type A and I'm type B.  But we both know it and know when we're taking it too far, so it's not a big problem.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• edited October 2014
    I am an incredibly annoying person.

I follow DH around the house, making sure he puts everything away in the right place. I also go behind him and fix stuff when he sets the table for a dinner party. What? The place cards were crooked!

I hate to talk on the phone. DH and I have been together for over five years and I think we've had fewer than ten phone conversations. The texting back and forth makes him crazy.

When I take the sticker off a piece of fruit, I stick it to the counter instead of throwing it in the trash. I have no idea why I think I need to keep the sticker.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • i hate to talk on the phone too. My body seriously rejects it and after a minute or so on the phone I ALWAYS have to go to the bathroom. "Well, I'll let you go I'm sure you have to pee by now" is how H and I usually end phone conversations lol.

DH has a huge pet peeve with people that text back single word responses. If he sends something to his mom - even if he says "just info no need to reply" she will ALWAYS text back "K" and it drives him up the wall. I do it on purpose now just to mess with him.
  • yeah I HATE the phone too! When I'm away on business trips, we still don't talk on the phone hahaha.

DH is way cleaner than I am and I know it drives him absolutely bonkers when I can let a pile of mail just hang out on the island for weeks on end. I know there are other things that annoy the crap out of him, but I can't think of them right now...
  • The battle he lets slide: (I could make a huge list, but I'll choose a few)
    My beauty products all over our master bedroom sink.
    When we go on vacation, I will fill his half empty bag with my shoes/clothes that I can't fit into my overfilled bag.

The ones that he chooses (he's so easy going)
    If we are waiting for our flight at the gate, he gets so upset because I'll use the restroom minutes before boarding so I don't have to use the airplane one.

He refuses to let a handyman come in and fix anything. It doesn't matter that he pours hours of his time, it takes a month and costs almost as much. He will not back down on this one.
  • edited October 2014
    DH hates how I tend to start off any "honey do" request with the phrase "Can you do me a favor?"

He is also not a big fan of my pronounciation police tendencies. He has some weird ways of saying things, like "guess-ture" instead of gesture. Then I heard his dad say it the same way so I at least know where it came from.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • I think that I've mentioned this before, but I get easily flustered around authority figures. DH gets irritated that I get anxious in the TSA line at airports. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• @cml11 I have to be at risk of wetting the seat to use an airplane facility so I think you are well justified. 

@meredithcole my DS always asks- Are you really asking me or are you just telling me nicely?  Yeah... if I say "Can you do me a favor" I'm not asking, I'm telling. 

Austrogermokee At the beginning of our relationship DH got mad at me because I rearranged the dishwasher while he was putting dishes in because he wasn't loading it correctly.  Yeah... I don't do that anymore, but I will sneak in later and rearrange it so they fit, wash, and rinse properly.  
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • @cml11 DH does the same thing with the bathroom. He will literally wait until people are lining up to board to go run to the bathroom, no matter how far away the bathroom is. One time I had to beg the check-in ladies not to close the door. And he doesn't rush - he'll just come strolling down the airport to get on the plane. Meanwhile I'm having an anxiety attack and having to juggle all the luggage. He's getting better about it but that for SURE drives me up the wall.
  • Lots of these: I'm always late, I do the sticker/fruit thing, I don't like the phone, def not a pack rat, but I am also flustered around authority to the point of mistrust. I cannot stand arbitrary rules, so it drives DH crazy when I want reasons and assert my rebellious streak. Maybe I'll add my love of politically incorrect hip hop to this list. I work out to it and he teases me about it. ;)
    TTC#1, I'm 37, DH 36 | Just started trying Sept 2014
    Going in for first RE appt. in October...Preparing for good or bad news. 
    Trying to be chill about the process...and not get too intense about it all. 
    It's hard to be chill. 

• My goodness Ladies! We have so much in common!! LoL
    Here are mine:

* I shop too much.
    * I am always running late.
    * I am not very social. DH has an amazing outgoing personality.
    * I also hate to talk on the phone!!
    * He says I just stack things up and create clutter. Problem is .. they are HIS things that I'm stacking (work papers) and I don't know what he wants to do with them! ;)

Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"