March 2014 Moms

Diaper Wipes Recipie

Someone posted about wipes giving yeasty bumps. Whenever Keira has diaper rash or the bumps, I make a batch if these homemade wipes and I swear it clears up in a day or so. Daycare will use them as well if I ask. Also, really good for wiping hands after a changing, super moisturizing and anti microbial.

2c boiling water
2 tblsp coconut oil
Squirt of liquid baby soap
5 drops lavender oil
5 drops tea tree oil
1/2 roll (you cut in half) paper towels select a size (do not use viva, too soft)
1-4 cup ziplock container (or an old Clorox wipe container if you don't want to cut the roll in 1/2)

Mix all ingredients press paper towels into solution. Put lid on
container and flip so solution fully absorbs. After 5 mins remove center cardboard and first wipe should come up like cleaning wipes.

Re: Diaper Wipes Recipie

• The tea tree oil acts as an antiseptic, and the lavender oil soothes. I've never made it without, but I would think it wouldn't work as well. You can get both at a vitamin shop pretty cheap and they last a long time. I would at least keep the tea tree oil as the coconut oil helps soothe as well.
  • Oh, and try and used distilled water. I've never had a problem with it, but apparently if the wipes are kept for more than a week or two you need the distilled water to keep them from going bad. One batch usually lasts me a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"