June 2013 Moms
Options

The Challenges

Inspired by a post in SPAM. What have been your biggest parenting (or life) challenges lately?

I know last time we ended up with a  thread like this I got great advice, so I thought I would start another one. I love this board so much because it reminds me I'm not alone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The Challenges

• Loading the player...
  • Options

sctiger said:
    The tantrums. I feel like she tests every limit and she can be so stubborn. If we go to the store, she wants to walk/run, and will not sit in the cart or hold our hands. We took her to a restaurant the other night and she threw a fit because she wanted to roam around. I get even more stressed when these things happen in public. I have to remind myself that she isn't doing this to spite me, and that eventually it will get better.
    That is so true for us too! It's one of her biggest reasons for tantrums. It's impossible to take her to restaurants because she won't sit in a high chair for more than 20 minutes. She always wants to roam around and can't sit still. When you try to take her away she loses her shit!
    Like @subliminalrabbit said I usually try to walk around outside with DD if she doesn't want to be in the highchair while waiting for food. Or bring light snacks. Our kids are still too small of this, but one of my friends said that her favourite snack for her kid was grapes once he could eat them whole because it is also an activity for him to get them off teh stem.

• Options
    I'm so happy I'm not the only one experiencing crazy tantrums. M just melts into the floor and lies face first bawling. It's honestly so pathetic to watch, especially when the tantrum is because she just isn't a monkey (or anything else that can climb up cabinets, walls, etc)
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    @megsw85 DD started pinching recently, usually when I'm reading a book, so she is not paying attention to the fact that she is pinching. I tell her "be gentle, you are hurting mommy" and she's start stroking my hand instead of pinching. Now when she starts pinching she sometimes catches herself before I say anything and starts stroking my hand.

• Options
    Tantrums and whining here too. And it's so frustrating because she's the worst with me. Whenever someone else watches her she's an angel. I just want to experience my girl like others do so I can enjoy her more. Instead I feel guilty because watching her is tiring and not very fun for me.
  • Options
    My biggest challenge right now has been Lily climbing on everything.  She fell off of the back of the couch this morning.  Why?  Because she wanted to climb up there.  She climbs on tables, chairs, bookshelves, etc.  I have to watch her like a hawk to make sure that she isn't climbing.  It makes me very tired.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The tantrums and the giggles when she does something bad. That giggle is too cute, but it's not funny to run out in the street. (lucky we don't live somewhere busy.)
    Also the challenge of me being sick. DD will be sick maybe two days, but it takes me two weeks to get over it, because I don't get extra sleep and snuggles.
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"