October 2012 Moms

Thursday already!

Well almost. ;)

My feeling-better girl isnt so much feeling better tonight. Barky cough and snot and needs only Momma. She woke up crying begging for "night-night Momma" (sleeping in my bed). We snuggled for a bit then i gave her tylenol and sent her back to bed. She keeps rubbing her face so i know she hurts. Poor puny punkface.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: Thursday already!

• Poor baby! Congrats on the car
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • @cnana Hope the LO feels better soon.  We rented a volvo for our last trip - loved it.

I'm freaking out about DS1's 6 birthday party.  We live in a small (messy) town house so can't really have people over.  DS wants to invite 1/2 his class.  I said he needs to invite the whole class or none or 2 or 3 best friends in the class.  DH wants him to have a small at home birthday.  I understand he wants to invite his class.  I have been looking into children's places to have it but they are expensive and not exactly what I want.  I would love to do a bbq at a park (live in FL so not cold - but it could be).  But it is so expensive to rent a pavilion.  I want to just have family and cake but then I feel guilty for not giving him a party.  He is okay with chuck e cheese which isn't too expensive but his other class friend just had a bday there.  AAAHHHHHH.

Advice O12???

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @Wally3‌ i have never heard of a kid complain about too many trips to CEC! That's my vote.

Oct Angel Babies
  • @cnana congratulations on the new car! Hope A feels better soon!

I think I have another sinus infection.  I have a call into my doctor to see if she will just send the prescription or if I have to go in and see her today. 

I also feel like I am in 2 year old tantrum hell.  It took forever to get Wesley dressed this morning so we could leave the house.  I miss the mornings where he would just let me dress him.  I hate having to argue that he has to wear pants when we leave the house because its cold and people wear clothes outside in public.

• Wally3 said:
    @cnana Hope the LO feels better soon.  We rented a volvo for our last trip - loved it.

I'm freaking out about DS1's 6 birthday party.  We live in a small (messy) town house so can't really have people over.  DS wants to invite 1/2 his class.  I said he needs to invite the whole class or none or 2 or 3 best friends in the class.  DH wants him to have a small at home birthday.  I understand he wants to invite his class.  I have been looking into children's places to have it but they are expensive and not exactly what I want.  I would love to do a bbq at a park (live in FL so not cold - but it could be).  But it is so expensive to rent a pavilion.  I want to just have family and cake but then I feel guilty for not giving him a party.  He is okay with chuck e cheese which isn't too expensive but his other class friend just had a bday there.  AAAHHHHHH.

Advice O12???
    when he says half the class, does he mean just the boys? when I was young I always had all girl parties, IDK if that has changed. But there's nothing wrong with CEC!
  • @wally3 , I doubt the kids would mind a repeat visit to CEC.
  • Oh, and SS told me he wants to check his credit report. He's worried his mom is using his social for nefarious things.
    I mean we all know his number, so it's not like it's any easier for her to open stuff in his name, even if she has the actual card. Right? Sigh. I suppose we need to check on this.
  • @Wally3 I also second chucke cheese for the party.  Or do you have a bounce house place? My friend rented a room at a place that was closed off only to her party for 2 hours with 6 different bounce houses in it. It wasn't very expensive and all the kids had fun and you couldn't loose anyone as it was all closed off. just a thought.

• @cnana sounds like our munchkins have the same cold. :( maybe they had a playdate and didnt invite us?! rude!

DH just called me, he found an awesome deal on flooring and when he called they had just over what we needed left. its engineered hardwood. i gave him the okay to order. if we go to pick it up and we don't like it, then we only have to pay for the 1 box we opened. its super rustic. hes in love, im nervous. what does O'12 think? 

• StefanieM522 there is a bounce house place here.  The other b-day party was there, my DH doesn't like how it is run (not sure why).

I guess you are all right kids love CEC - I like it okay for entertainment the food is let's say not my fav. 

I was thinking doing boys only from his class however it is 13 boys and 4 girls and one of the girls is his "best friend".  However that list changes daily.

I will talk to dh about CEC,

Okay another question.  We live at the south boarder for ds's school which is bigger then typical because it pulls for more then just the local elementary school zone for kids in DS's program. The 2 other parties have been north (about 10 -20 min of us).  DS wants to go to WOW factory - video game place 25 min south.  My top runner at this moment is a Lego building place 25 minutes north.  I feel like the south place maybe too far for families to travel and not a lot of kids will come.

I'm soooo over thinking this.

• @stephcarter love that floor!

Oct Angel Babies
  • @mbm1983, i see these floors in other houses and i love them, but i never thought i'd have the balls to do it in my own house. praying it looks gorgeous in there. 

• @stephcarter‌ , those floors are cool. The grain and contrast looks awesome.
  • @stephcarter‌ think the floors will look great.

• @stephcarter I love that type of wood. I second the request for pictures!!

@Wally3 I don't think 25 minute drive is to much, but I have driven almost an hour each way for a few friends kids birthday parties.  The Lego party would be cool and then only the interested in lego kids would come, so maybe you only have to pay for a few instead of a bunch?

• Just got the robo call to remind me of Norah's MRI Monday. I'm trying not to panic now but shut just got real! I don't know if I'm more scared of them putting her under or of what we might find out. Must breathe.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• good luck Monday @nickschick!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I'm impatient. I feel like I need to just get the truck gone so I don't have so much guilt over getting rid of it. But I have to wait till the Volvo is done, and it's just not yet. I know they're busy with tire changeover season and all that jazz, but dude! Get me the stinking car.  And the finance guy called a couple hours ago asking Husband to come back in because he (finance guy) missed a couple signatures and didn't grab a copy of Husband's license. We told them he'll just come in when the car is ready, and he's all "Umm....let me talk to the salesman and I'll get back to you." That was like 3 hours ago. LOL I'm hoping that lit a fire under them and I'll get it even maybe tonight. It's only 6 here, and they're open for another 2 hours..... 

Oct Angel Babies
  • @piffley‌ happy birthday to your dd! <:-P

@Cnana fingers crossed you get your car tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"