LGBT Parenting
Options

What do your kiddos sleep in?

With the colder weather I'm not quite sure what to dress Owen in or how warmly I should dress him at night. Even Kaden woke up with icicle feet this morning.

How do you dress your kid(s) for bed?

Re: What do your kiddos sleep in?

• Options
    Simone is two months today!

We use a gown, they all have the sleeves that flip over to encase the hands and they are long enough to cover her feet. Then we put her in a Summer Infant SwaddleMe. We've been using the bigger size sometimes which she can free her arms a little, bit its more about it functioning as a sleepsack/safe blanket.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    We used a gown as newborns (but it was summer), once they were older, we did fleece footed pj's, and if we needed an extra layer, a sleep sack (either cotton or fleece.)

Now? pj pants/shorts and a t-shirt or fleece 2 piece pjs.G likes to sleep sans shirt, so he'll often be in bottoms and nothing else. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use fleece footed pj's. M looooves them. It's so funny he gets so excited for his nighttime routine of getting his pj's on. He grabs them and gets all snuggly. Cutest thing ever. He does still have cold feet sometimes, but I can't imagine putting socks on him too, especially since his head gets so sweaty. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Either 2-piece cotton PJs w/ no socks or footed one piece cotton PJs. We'll probably start adding socks to the 2-piece PJs once it gets cooler and have a few fleece on hand for very cold weather.
  • Options
    We alternate between two piece "big boy jams" as we call them with socks (though 90% of the time he kicks them off) or footed one-piece PJs, but we can't do fleece, only cotton. Will gets super hot at night, and he is uncomfy in lots of extra stuff. Part of the reason he hated being swaddled in the early days (I swear we just skipped that whole newborn phase entirely!). Now we have the heat on at night, because it has just gotten too cold to avoid it at night, so it gets warm in our room. I actually think he needs less clothing to sleep now than in the summer months when the AC was going!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    We were lucky--Luke loved his sleep sack and slept in it until he was 2.  I knew he was warm and safe and that helped me sleep better. If your littlest will go for it, I recommend it.  Now, we're doing footie PJs with a blanket at 2 and a half.

I also admit that as green as I want to be, we keep the temperature a few degrees warmer at night than we did pre-baby.
  • Options
    Footie PJs but if it's really cold he also goes in a sleep sack.  We prefer the Carter's Sleep Bags to Halo Sleep Sacks because they have arms -- otherwise I feel like his arms are going to be cold if it is warm enough to need the sleep sack in the first place.  They are fleece and really warm for the winter and are also a lot cheaper than the Halo ones.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! I'm about to look for a couple of the outfits mentioned above online, and I've cranked up the heat for the evening. Hopefully the kiddos sleep cozily tonight.  Sleep being the key word ;-)
  • Options
    We started giving W a blanket (or two) now that he is old enough to not suffocate.  When he was little bitty we went with sleep sacks or footy jammies, either fleece or cotton depending on the chill.  

We are kind of a bad gauge though, given that half the time it is hot as heck here and he sleeps in a diaper and a t-shirt most of the time.  But "winter is coming," and I know we will return to actual pajamas soon.

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing. The doctor always says dress them like you but I sleep under a thick comforter and its not like our house is cold its set at 74 and we put Addy in reg jammies and she has her blankets but with Averie she does the fleece jammies but not sure if those are warm enough. So do you think fleece jammies and a sleep sack are warm enough?and which sleep sack would you do the cotton with the fleece jammies or the fleece with the fleece jammies?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"