Natural Birth

Natural Birth DVD recs

Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
edited October 2014 in Natural Birth
I know there are some great books out there for natural birthing, but does have anyone any DVD recs for some (besides Business of Being Born)?

Re: Natural Birth DVD recs

• Both of the Business of Being Born DVDs are must sees in my opinion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gentle birth choices was my favorite.

It depends what you are looking for. If you want a movie to talk to you about the interventions and over-medicalization of birth in Western society then The Business of Being Born and Born in the USA are both good films. If you are looking for information on birthing naturally and want encouragement for your birth, I would look for videos of natural births and movies like gentle birth choices. If you have a doula or midwife they usually have a large lending library with all sorts of books and movies. My midwife let me borrow the video of her second child's birth and it was really beautiful. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • check out youTube!  There are so many calm, natural birth videos on youTube.  I could watch them all day!
  • We watched "Orgasmic birth" in my Bradley class. Don't let the title fool you, it's really just about low intervention birth. It's really inspiring. Not sure where you could find it, it's a fairly recent movie. 
    *****************siggy/ticker warning*****************************

-Me: anovulatory/ hypothalamic amenorrhea / H: all good
    -IUI  Medicated TI Cycle #1 (Dec): Menopur  + Ovidrel + TI  = BFN
    -Benched for work issues Jan/Feb
    -IUI 1.2: Menopur + Ovidrel = BFN
    -IVF #1- Menopur + Follistim = 12R / 7M / 4F -- first beta-260, second 520. EDD 2/22/15

Welcome Dane 02/09!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"