November 2013 Moms

The Toddler vs. Infant Debate

fitmama418fitmama418 member
edited October 2014 in November 2013 Moms
@CFox815 and I are fighting right now (ok, not really...ok, maybe a little). Given the following scenario...how do you define your child REGARDLESS of their age at this point in life (11 months +), focusing on one major developmental milestone. Your child is walking/running. In casual conversation, would you say you have a...?

NOTE: Prior to voting please read at least the first handful of comments on page 1 to see @CFox815's side of the coin.

#LOLFITMAMA

The Toddler vs. Infant Debate 84 votes

Toddler
45% 38 votes
Infant
54% 46 votes

Re: The Toddler vs. Infant Debate

• CFox815 said:
    You're phrasing it wrong! I say a toddler is 1 year old+. Fit mama thinks because her kid "toddles", she's a toddler. CDC says 1 year+, FWIW. So does Wikipedia. So does every source ever.
    EXCEPT MIRIAM WEBSTER. THAT IS LAW, DAMNIT!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/toddler

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Loading the player...
  • CFox815 said:
    Miriam doesn't give an age. This poll should be phrased differently. I'm not voting in protest.
    No because this is the exact circumstance we're fighting about! It will not be worded any different!

#LOLFITMAMA
  • CFox815 said:
    It's worded to fit your argument without presenting my argument. Ljgs, that's a newborn to me.
    Fine...stand by!

#LOLFITMAMA
  • @LJGS1010 I WILL LOVETIT FOR LIFE
    :x

Morning, @CGMB!!

#LOLFITMAMA
  • LJGS1010 said:
    Are you guys text-fighting in parallel to this thread?

CGMB to Foxy: That bitch is crazy. Toddlers?
    CGMB to Fitmama: That bitch is crazy. Infants?
    Fitmama and Foxy, to each other: CGMB likes me best!!!
    ...I have no idea what you're talking about. :-\"

#LOLFITMAMA
  • CFox815 said:
    But she's not a toddler for a few more weeks. You don't have to say toddler or infant, you could say her name or say my kid or say the baby.

This. I say his name... because he is my little person :) He has a name and a personality that will keep you guessing

TFFC: I don't like when people refer to LO as "kid", (even though I sometimes do) It just bothers me.  Like I said before, he is a person and has a name.  And you know said name, so use it.  Don't ask me "hey, how's your kid?" Say hey, how is I. doing?"

Life began when I saw your face

I.J.C. born 11.3.13 

• mskatiepmskatiep member
    edited October 2014
    I won't refer to her as a toddler till about 18 months, when she moves to the toddler room at daycare. Right now she is Layla, infant, baby, stinker or Miss Pissy Pants, but NOT toddler.... Edit: She is walking though and has been for over a month.

• Ok, after reading through all this nonsense here is my vote:

The term toddler should be used based on the child's age, not based on any milestones or physical attributes.

No child under one year old is a toddler.

B is a baby, no longer an infant or newborn and not yet a toddler
    I likely won't use toddler personally for another few months just cuz.
  • It depends on whether he is being sweet and baby-like or running around the house throwing things.  When he's cuddly he's an infant, when he's being a little terror, he's a toddler.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"