October 2012 Moms

drinking from a cup

DD still uses a sippy cup.  The daycare only uses regular cups.  The woman there said that DD 's teachers will just let her soak herself learning until she gets it (and like, obviously they'll change her clothes).  Which is fine,  I don't know how else she'll learn besides doing it and actually they recommend switching at 18 months. So I'm glad that DD will be forced into learning because I haven't been on the ball with it. But I was just wondering how many kids on here are drinking from a regular cup. 

Re: drinking from a cup

• DD can drink from a regular cup but I am too lazy to allow it for large stretches. I will let her drink from my cup when she wants but if I give one to her she starts putting her hands in it and whatnot. She is very capable of drinking I just don't want to deal with the mess.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Um. A only uses a sippy. Sippy fo lyfe!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Same. She CAN drink from a cup, but the sippy is so much less messy.
  • StefanieM522StefanieM522 member
    edited October 2014
    Wesley drink from a regular cup at dycare and meals at home, but most of the time its a sippy at home.

• I hate straw cups. They all leak and she likes to stick her fingers in the straws. Blah.

Oct Angel Babies
  • LO only drinks from a regular cup at birthday parties/when he swipes our cups. Otherwise he drinks from a straw cup only. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • B drinks from regular cups. I use straw cups and straws though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS can drink from a regular cup but he can also turn the regular cup upside down and dump it on the floor.  That is actually his favorite activity - so no he usually doesn't get a regular cup because I don't feel like cleaning the floor. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DS has been using a WOW cup since about 18 months, he has just transitioned to a regular cup.  I think the Wow cup helped him transition a little easier. I still prefer a sippy cup or the wow cup, with a regular cup there is always water everywhere!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think i have a couple Playtex, i have a Minnie Mouse one from walmart (probably playex also?) and a camelback and another brand non-camelback but camelback style. @piffley

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"