May 2014 Moms

ExerSaucer, Jumpers, Jumperoos...help!

My son is 5months old and I'm not sure if he's quite ready for any of these so here goes my question- are any of these worth it and what are the pros and cons? When is it too soon to use them (considering unnecessary pressure on legs etc). I'm just wondering if these options might be a good activity for him.

Re: ExerSaucer, Jumpers, Jumperoos...help!

• We have a Jumparoo and dd loves it! She's been using it since about 4 months I think. Her legs are still to short so we put a blanket under here and she bounces around or will just relax and play with the toys. Or actually try to eat them :-). I had posted about the Jumparoo before and was recommended to only use it for 30-45 min a day because if left in too long, could start to cause hip problems. But like I said dd loves it and it gives me a chance to get things done around the house.
  • Oh, good to know...thanks :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @kendy20‌ have you tried to stretch the springs? That's what we had to do with DS'. Because he couldn't reach the floor. I just leaned on it a few times and it's good now.
  • @THD7580‌ , We haven't tried to stretch it, but it's on the lowest setting. She's almost able to get her foot on the ground :-) Too bad we didn't think of that before though. I'll tell DH and see if he wants to try it, thanks!
  • Both my kids started in the exersaucer around 4.5 months. With DS we had to wait until his feet could reach... with dd we needed to get our lazy asses to set it up. She's almost ready to kick it up a notch in height... girl is tall! We just do short stints in it. Long enough for me to do dishes or laundry or remedy whatever is the matter with big brother.

I kinda wish we'd gotten a jumparoo instead. DS used to rock the saucer across the room when he'd really get going in it. DD already likes to thrust her hips to move, so I think she will like jumping, too. Oh well, live and learn.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• We have an exersaucer and DS loves it - it can chage into an activity play thing when he's older. It has springs so it bounces but not as much as the jumparoo. He's been using it since 4 months as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • We have both an exersaucer and a jumperoo. I bought the exersaucer used for $15 so I felt fine buying both. She loves them both. I just limit her time in each of them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a similar one to @Haleighkay90‌. We got it free from a friend. DS likes it for about 15 minutes at a time. It does take up a lot of space so be prepared for that. I think DS is a little small for it so I don't really leave him unattended in it yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have both, got them as hand me downs from my brother and DH'sister. We have no space so we ditched our swing on a friend who just gave birth and just try not to fall over them . She loves both and just started really jumping. I switch between the two a few times a day for like 15/20 minute sessions.
  • I didn't even read the other posts but jumped straight to typing! My SO wanted our son to have a jumper as soon as reasonably possible. My mother hit the ROOF!! She swore up & down he was too young at 3 mths old. Needless to say my SO won - at least when Mom wasn't in town. Our son LOVES to jump!! It's a joy watching him do so and so many times he's fallen asleep while in the jumper (doorway type). In the beginning we only used it for a swing (LOL! probably not what the manufacturer recommends it's use for) but he loved it. This was prior to his little toes touching the ground. After then...it was OVER!!

I eventually bought an exesaucer at around 4 mths - another score!! He adores playing with all the little gadgets that makes noises. It helps us because we can put him in either and go handle certain household chores (like cooking and cleaning - oh yeah!! and bathroom breaks)...

So all of that to say I'm glad I listened to my SO as these 2 purchases (one used the other new) were well worth it. I'm currently looking for a doorway jumper with more spring in it as our LO is on a roll now!!!
  • We have the rainforest friends jumperoo and DS loves it!  The only thing I've noticed is that when it's on hardwood floors it doesn't seem very stable.  It's fine on carpeted floors.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

May 14 November Siggy Challenge: Least Favorite Part of the Holiday Season

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have this one.  DD loves it!  It has quite a few songs and things light up and I love that it has a book so she can practice turning the pages. It has a farm theme, and there are veggies she can bring to her mouth. (Which is nice since EVERYTHING goes in her mouth these days!)  I would highly recommend it!

This. We have the same one and it's very interactive DS loves it! He knows how to turn all the pages now individually and so when we read to him he turns all the pages in the book also!
  • lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    edited October 2014
    @Babybarlow2014‌ 6‌we have hardwood floors and it's fine. We have the baby Einstein one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • comicsans said:

BKD1386 said:

We have the rainforest friends jumperoo and DS loves it!  The only thing I've noticed is that when it's on hardwood floors it doesn't seem very stable.  It's fine on carpeted floors.

I'm glad I read this. We were looking at getting this one but we have hardwoods.
    Anyone else have it with wood floors? How is it?

We have the bigger one - go wild. It's fine on hardwood. I did discover recently that it does not fit through doorways haha
    We also have this one. I have it in the kitchen (vinyl floors) and it seems stable to me. DD does like it for short stints. I'm glad we have it, but it does not fold down or fit easily through doorways (I've scraped walls and taken paint off).
  • We have the Baby Einstein jumper and the OBall exersaucer. 

The jumper is DD's favorite thing in the world right now (she's almost 6 months). She jumps like a maniac and cracks herself up. She also likes the toys that are on it but we hang others as well which makes her quite happy. 

Still too small for the exersaucer though which we have on the lowest setting. So not sure about that one yet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"