Breastfeeding
Options

Padded Nursing Bra Recommendation?

Hi everyone! I am a frequent lurker on this board but this will be my first post here. I am a FTM, my DD is a month old today, and has been exclusively breast fed.  I have started pumping to make a freezer stock for when I go back to work.  

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good nursing bra for a small bust (A cup before nursing, can just fit a B cup now).  I have limited shopping options (we live in a rural area) and mostly need to shop on line.  I am currently using WalMart nursing bras (the only option available in my area) which work ok, but are unlined and appear lumpy under clothing.  When I go back to work, I can wear scrubs on some days but on my office days, I will need to wear more fitted tops.  I am looking for a lightly lined/padded nursing bra that will conceal the nursing pads.  I bought a Spencer lined nursing bra from JCPenney which just came in the mail today...it fits perfectly, but they are now out of stock in my size and I cannot find that brand anywhere else.  What are your favorite nursing bras? TIA! 

~*~
Together since 03/27/2007
Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
DD born 09/21/2014

image image 

Re: Padded Nursing Bra Recommendation?

• Options
    i LOVE this bra: barely there invisible look soft-cup bra (watch for it to go on sale- i've gotten them on amazon for $9.99. they are also available at kohl's). it's not technically a nursing bra, but each strap unsnaps from the cup in the front like a nursing bra (this feature exists so you can convert it to a racer-back). they have no underwire and the whole cup is padded. i never leaked enough that i needed to wear nursing pads, but my guess is that you wouldn't see them through the padding.

if you don't mind unclasping the whole bra from the back and lifting it up to nurse/pump (which is what you'd have to do at work anyway if you use a hands-free pumping bra), i also like this one: warner's elements of bliss. i got one in tj maxx recently for $9.99. it also has padded cups and no underwire, but it has additional padding/support at the bottom of each cup.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I looked on amazon but was overwhelmed with the options, so it is great to have specific brands to look for. 

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only nursing bra I could stand was a really inexpensive Gillian o'Malley one from Target. They sell them online and in store and they are super cheap ($16.99 I think). My boobs never grew with BFing either and it drove me nuts that there just seem to be no choices for women who don't blow up to triple F or something due to BFing. I was never more than a small B. I also hated wired nursing bras as they always hurt underneath.
    Type in 'nursing bra on target.com and it should show up like 3rd or so in the search. It will say 'wire free'.
  • Options
    Novem06Novem06 member
    edited October 2014
    Hands down the most comfortable nursing bra. I switched between a nude and black one thru 2 different kids...they hold up amazing (great reviews) I'm an A cup pre pregnancy and small c nursing. Very easy to fold down and pump at work too. The model in the picture has it pulled up almost to her shoulder which is weird...mine fit more like a normal bra fit https://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=195570361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29 I also just bought this one to try for baby #3. I've been wearing it while pregnant and it's very comfortable. Padded cups, no wire. Runs big for a B cup you'd want a small https://www.target.com/p/women-s-nursing-seamless-bra/-/A-14909994#prodSlot=_1_16
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"