January 2013 Moms
Options

I Surrender October

emja0214emja0214 member
edited October 2014 in January 2013 Moms
i know everyone has their own stuff going on, but I need to vent somewhere. We have had one heck of a month, most with DD's health, which makes it feel worse. Two weekends ago we went to Indiana for a family baptism, and by the time we got there her eye was swollen shut. We go directly to a treatment center to find out she has pink eye and an ear infection. We drove 8 hours to be quarantined in our hotel room and did not get to see any family. This past weekend DD woke up with a swollen wrist and hives everywhere. Our doctor thinks it is an allergic reaction to her meds from her ear infection from the other weekend. She was on Benedryl all day Saturday and it did nothing. She started steroids yesterday to see if that will help. She woke up this morning looking terrible with redness, swelling, and hives again. I guess I am calling the doctor again. It makes me so scared that she does not seem to be getting better. We found out our dog has another bladder infection with two different bacterias, so now she had to be on antibiotics for the next 6 months to be proactive. The doctors thought I was in preterm labor, at 31 weeks, thankfully I am not. DD2 is sitting on a nerve that causes me constant stabbing pain throughout the day and makes it feel like she is going to fall out. On top of this DH has been working 6 days a week for the past 2 months, plus worked Sunday this past weekend so I have dealing with all this on my own. I feel so emotionally and physically drained. DD2 better stay in until all of this calms down. Hopefully I will not have any more preterm labor scares. I am ready for October to be over!! Oh yea and I was woken up at 5 this morning by our dog puking in bed....fun times!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I Surrender October

• Options
    Oh yikes...when it rains it pours. (((hugs)) Momma....I hope everyone starts feeling better very soon and you keep cooking that baby for another 9 weeks. Take care of yourself!

Has DD had issues in the past with allergies?

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    @jobiann‌ This is the first time she has had an issue with allergies. She has been on the medicine one other time with no issues, but there is a huge family history of having an allergy to Amoxicillin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my goodness. Big hugs! I hope that everything clears up and settles down for you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm so sorry mama, that's a lot to deal with. Hugs to you.

I hope that it calms down and praying baby stays put for the next 9 weeks.

When she comes out you deserve a giant glass of wine! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HUGS!! I hope everyone feels better soon and gets a restful November.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    Wow.  And I thought that even before I got to the "31 weeks pregnant" part.  Hope the week improves!
  • Options
    It often takes more than one use to develop an allergy so it wouldnt be surprising for the hives to just be a reaction to the antibiotics. And you can use the benedryl and steroid together depending on the steroid so ask the pedi first. I know that it all seems over whelming right now but we are never given more than we can handle, and based on your post you can handle quite alot. Hugs and well wishes to your family
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! DD seems to be acting more like herself this afternoon, which is great, but running and playing makes her hives flare up so she looks terrible. Hoping we are finally on an upswing!
  • Options
    Hugs! Hang in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"