Los Angeles Babies
Options

Moving to Santa Monica in September--need part time care or Nanny Share

TkspriceTksprice member
edited July 2014 in Los Angeles Babies

We're moving to Santa Monica in September, and I'm looking for part time childcare while I work from home 10-20 hours a week. I'm interested in a nanny share (my home or theirs) or part time day care. I am hoping for some helpful tips in finding care or another family, other than Care.com, Sittercity,com and nanny agencies.

Ideally, I would sign my daughter for a Mother's Morning Out program, but have been unable to find this kind of program in the area.  Does anyone know of anything like this on the Westside? (Two or three mornings a week, 9-12ish. It is a very common thing in the South!)

Let me know if you're interested or have tips!

Re: Moving to Santa Monica in September--need part time care or Nanny Share

• Options
    2JEL2JEL member
    I am not due until December but also live in Santa Monica and would love to have someone 15-20 hours a week or find a Mother's Morning Out program also.  I'm not sure if it would work to split/share a nanny given that I am not due until a few months after you need one, but I am interested if you haven't found any better offers, or feel free to pass my contact info along to other people who might be looking.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• Options

I am in a very similar situation and am curious what kind of child care solutions you found in the area.

Alyssa

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Alyssa,

So far I have not found a good solution, but mostly because I was under the impression that it's nearly impossible to book a nanny a couple months in advance, especially as most would prefer to work full time rather than part-time.  It looks like there are some graduate students in child education through UCLA and possibly Pepperdine who might be available in addition to more traditional nannys, I'm trying to decide how I feel about that.  I have researched some well reputed nanny-finding agencies but they run around 2k and up even for a part time placement, which seems insane.

If you are interested in 20 hours/wk starting in the next couple months let me know, because it would probably be much easier to select a nanny together such that we could offer them a full schedule instead of trying to secure someone who happens to be looking for 10-20 hours.  My hope is that there will be a number of families outgrowing their nannies in December/January, but not sure how frequently that happens.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"