January 2015 Moms

Tuesday Randoms!

Whatcha got? :)
(Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)

Re: Tuesday Randoms!

• My nails have been looking fabulous lately - really long and pretty. Yesterday though, one broke all the way down (luckily it didn't hurt) while I was struggling to put my shoes on (I blame this on my huge preggo belly). So it looked really stupid to have 9 nice long nails and one super short one. I had to cut them all this morning. Boo.

• Loading the player...
  • I take the boys to story time at the library about every other week.  They announced two weeks ago that they would have a Halloween party during the regular time on Oct 29th.  My boys costumes are in the works, but not done yet.  We attached solo cups to boxes and cut out head and arm holes to make Lego blocks, but they still need to be spray painted because it rained all weekend.  I figured we still had plenty of time to finish up so they can wear them to visit grandma over the weekend and they would have them in plenty of time for story time next week, preschool, and trick or treating.  Today the library posts on their fb that Halloween story time will be tomorrow, Oct 22nd, don't forget to wear your costumes!  Argh!  It is raining outside and even if it wasn't, there is no way I'd be able to have at least 2 coats of spray paint dry in time for tomorrow.  Why the heck did they move Halloween story time up a week when next week is Halloween week???
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I went to a Focus Group for pregnant ladies last night.  It was for Diaper Pails.  I am now convinced I registered for the right one, which is neat
    @ladyamanuet What diaper pail did you get?
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• I have a whole list of things that I need to get done tonight - not looking forward to it.

DH comes home tomorrow - I miss him.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I went to a Focus Group for pregnant ladies last night.  It was for Diaper Pails.  I am now convinced I registered for the right one, which is neat

This is funny to me. A focus group for pregnant ladies? I want to know more!

FWIW, we got the Dekor diaper pail as a free hand-me-down from DH's cousin, and I would guess that it's not the best because it's not awesome at keeping the smell out, but it's ok. Usually we take the poop diapers straight outside to the big trash. I also have a spray bottle of peppermint oil mixed with citronella oil, and that helps. What did your focus group recommend?
  • @saiven, sorry about your sister and your shower. Is there no one who could watch her kids? Sometimes for girls nights, we'll have one or some of the dads watch all the kids - could your sister maybe have her kids stay with some of the other kids?

If I brought in a pumpkin spice cupcake for "lunch dessert," I think it would turn into more like breakfast dessert.
  • Okay let me start by saying that I am a huge Breaking Bad fan, like this show is in my top 5 favorites of all time and if you haven't seen it I encourage you to watch it. That being said, I think that the character dolls being sold in Toys R Us is going too far. This is an adult show! The dolls were designed for children 15+ but this is definitely an R rated show. Walter White comes with beakers and his famous meth suit, while Walter White as Heisenberg features a handgun. 

read about it here: click

• I started a shit storm on a FB thread (not our board) because they were talking about how horrible vaccines were... I posted the video about herd immunity that someone had posted here.  Their logic is so flawed and I'm kinda worried that I live near these people. 

Penn & Teller. And Daily Show. Both fabulous clips for anti-vaxxers.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Went to my physical therapist today, told him my hip really hurts. He asked if I may have done too much this weekend... I admitted to having done two full days of yard work and both the PT and his assistant laughed at me. Like full on laughed at me. Good thing I like them! :-P
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• I can't find my son's copy of "Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed" and I think that book is hilarious...so I'm ordering another copy.  My son's library of books is way more impressive than mine...but I'm horrible about organizing it.  I'm seriously thinking of telling the next person that offers to help me get ready for the baby that I need my bookshelves organized.  But how should it be done?  Author? Theme? Alphabetical by book title?  So many choices.

Create your own Dewey Decimal System :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• My students are working on a new reading program and pre-assessment on Ipads. I'm boooored, but I'm not complaining. 

My husband packs my lunch each day (sweet man), but today he didn't pack me nearly enough and I can feel myself getting hangry.

Because of you all, I tried Honeycrisp apples for the first time. They're really good! I'm usually a Red Delicious girl.

I love Pink Ladys! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm cranky today :/

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Nothing even happened.. I'm just cranky ~X(

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Nothing even happened.. I'm just cranky ~X(
    I'm cranky today too. Nothing happened but I'm over-analyzing a lot of work stuff that's been going on and it's really making me angry. I feel very hormonal and like I want to cry.
  • Re vaccinations: I live in California among a bunch of granola-munching yuppies who refuse to vax their kids for no good reason. The amount of people who are anti-vax here is astonishing and because of it, whooping cough is starting to pop up everywhere. It REALLY stresses me out. Like I've mentioned before, my LOs and I cannot get the Tdap because of a complicated family history, so we don't have any immunity against pertussis. I really wish that these people would educate themselves and start vaxing, not just for their own children but for other peoples children as well.

My random: my hubby ate the LAST cro-nut last night after I went to bed. Of course, I was pissed when I went to eat it this morning and it was gone. So I asked him about it and he blamed it on sleep walking! Ummmm really honey?! I've known you for over 5 years and you've NEVER slept walked. EVER! It's such a crazy excuse that it's actually kinda funny.

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Boo! I'm sorry. I'm tired and bored. I'm pretty well caught up on all my school work, and my students are testing all day, so I'm just sitting here trying to stay awake. 
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• @misslizzy82- good lord that looks delicious.
  • Sorry, now I'm going to be a PW.

I'm searching tirelessly online for some cute maternity sweaters for my maternity pictures in a few weeks, but cute plus size maternity clothes are hard to find. :(  

I think I'm going to go shopping this weekend because I need sweaters, maternity lounging clothes (I have no yoga or sweat pants and I'm tired of wearing maxi dresses and jeans on weekends), maternity PJs, and new bras because I'm busting out. Oh, and some comfy fall/winter shoes that fit my big ol' pregnant feet. 
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• My Tuesday Random: I keep reading this title as Tuesday Tantrum. I think I've been dealing with too many temper tantrums today!
  • That looks so good!

My friend got married at 10am, and they had cheese grits at the reception (which you might only appreciate if you're a southerner), a full breakfast, and the grooms cake was Krispy Kremes stacked in a cake shape like that. Brilliant!
  • Just finally called and made my appointment for my yearly thyroid u/s.  I've had the order here for awhile.  Fingers crossed for no changes since last year, but a little anxiety after everything I went through with it last pregnancy.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Our family/maternity pictures are next Saturday and I still don't know what to wear or what to put everyone in. It's giving me anxiety. @LadyXaverian‌ I totally feel you!

I like Fuji apples :) I need to try a honey crisp now!
  • @honeybeee3‌ - sorry to hear about morons making you less safe :-( I think I am going to buy a special key to keep on my keychain, with all the sharp edges possible, just for keying cars of those who choose not to vaccinate. Bwahaha

If you do, I will give you this donut strawberry shortcake for being so awesome. Also -you should sell them on Etsy! I would definitely buy one. :D

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I can't find my son's copy of "Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed" and I think that book is hilarious...so I'm ordering another copy.  My son's library of books is way more impressive than mine...but I'm horrible about organizing it.  I'm seriously thinking of telling the next person that offers to help me get ready for the baby that I need my bookshelves organized.  But how should it be done?  Author? Theme? Alphabetical by book title?  So many choices.

Now I have to find this book, I've never heard of it! My kids also have TONS of books. We like reading. My 8 year old currently can't put down the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. I've never seen him read a book so fast in the 3 short years since he's been reading on his own!
  • Sorry, now I'm going to be a PW.

I'm searching tirelessly online for some cute maternity sweaters for my maternity pictures in a few weeks, but cute plus size maternity clothes are hard to find. :(  

I think I'm going to go shopping this weekend because I need sweaters, maternity lounging clothes (I have no yoga or sweat pants and I'm tired of wearing maxi dresses and jeans on weekends), maternity PJs, and new bras because I'm busting out. Oh, and some comfy fall/winter shoes that fit my big ol' pregnant feet. 
    Good luck with the shopping!  If you find plus size maternity pjs, let me know because I'm having a heck of a time.  I bought almost everything from Motherhood or Kohls - all online.

Pregnancy Ticker

• 4littlebears4littlebears member
    edited October 2014

My Tuesday Random: I keep reading this title as Tuesday Tantrum. I think I've been dealing with too many temper tantrums today!

I'm about to throw a Tuesday Tantrum, so that works for me ;)

I'm a grump this afternoon.  Our digital agency is pissing me off (hello, I'm the CLIENT...your job is to kiss my ass, not BE an ass!), my coworker made some comment about how when she has kids (she's not pregnant, mind you) she'd never "let someone else raise them" (meaning daycare) and doesn't understand how anyone could (she knows I have a child and am returning to work after this baby), and I want chocolate and have none.  

And I used too many parenthesis in the above paragraph.  (But I don't care.)

~~Quote fail~~

Gross... I'm a SAHM and I'm about ready to find any job I can. The grass is always greener my friend (saying this to your co worker, not you). Don't you love all the insight you can gain from the people who aren't even close to having children or never will??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"