June 2013 Moms
Options

Training toothpaste

musicalsilvermusicalsilver member
edited October 2014 in June 2013 Moms
I finally got around to getting some of this stuff this past weekend. Before then, I was just using water to brush LO's teeth. I was just wondering if I was super late on this wagon or not.
BabyFetus Ticker
DS born 6/2013

Training toothpaste 86 votes

LO has their teeth brushed with toothpaste every time, at least twice a day.
19% 17 votes
LO has their teeth brushed with toothpaste at least once a day.
44% 38 votes
LO has their teeth brushed with toothpaste every once in a while.
15% 13 votes
We don't use toothpaste yet.
20% 18 votes
SS/lurky-loos/explain yourself
0% 0 votes

Re: Training toothpaste

• Options
    No toothpaste here but it's because I keep forgetting to buy training paste when I'm at the store. Oops.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Like my poll description suggests, since I finally got around to buying some, LO gets his teeth brushed with a tiny smidge of the training toothpaste twice a day.  

LO seems to fight tooth brushing a little less these days too ... which I don't know if it's just an acceptance of the inevitable, or if he likes the taste better now!  Either way, I'll take it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use training toothpaste but out pediatric dentist says that you don't need to use anything.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Twice a day with the Tom's of Maine kids toothpaste. 16 teeth here with 2nd year molars coming soon (according to his dentist). We use less than the size of 1 grain of rice. Very little.

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    momofcatanmomofcatan member
    edited October 2014
    We added in toothpaste a couple months ago and it has made tooth brushing a little less of a struggle. She tries to suck all the toothpaste off while I get a little bit of brushing in. I use the toddler one but might switch to regular kids once this tube is finished.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ciahanna said:
    We use Toms of Maine Toddler toothpaste every night. My dentist told us twice a day but we forget to do it in the morning. We've been using toothpaste all along.
    Same toothpaste. Every time. We try for twice a day but sometimes we miss it for various reasons (tantrums, sleeping, etc.).
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I use Jack n Jill organic blueberry toothpaste once a day. We have been on the same tube since July. I liked it because it's fluoride free and got a 0 on the EWG scale. He loves it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D8W4XO6?pc_redir=1411703649&robot_redir=1

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/473389/Jack_'n_Jill_Natural_Toothpaste,_Blueberry/

Same but we have banana!

• Options
    We use it bc she likes the flavour. Before the toothpaste we couldn't get her to open her mouth
  • Options
    We're pretty good at the night brushing.  Lily thinks it's fun and asks for it.  I have started trying more in the morning.  She loves the taste of the training paste.  She also has started copying me with trying to spit even though there is nothing to spit.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"