Special Needs
Options

Article on ADHD & Women

Princess_LilyPrincess_Lily member
edited October 2014 in Special Needs
https://m.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/04/adhd-is-different-for-women/381158/

Very interesting how the effects of a DX can morph over time - while it didn't have much effect on me as a child (0-6yo) I remember grades plummeting at 7yo+.

I went undx'd from 7yo onward. I always was late to things, crammed for exams, etc. A C student on average, I still somehow still got into a great university and received my bachelors degree.

I blended too well into society - just looked lazy, and didn't care too much. Now it takes a lot of effort to stay focused....but I do, somehow.

DH totally has it too - similar to DS though.
photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Article on ADHD & Women

• Options
    I disagree with a few things in the article, but I don't have time to post about it now. 

I wish DH would get evaluated. I think medication could make a huge difference for him. He has a lot of coping skills, but time management is a huge struggle for him. He was very bright and not hyperactive, so he flew under the radar all through school. His mom knew he struggled, but she didn't want to medicate him, so she never got him diagnosed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"