May 2014 Moms
Options

PPD check in: October 19

How is everyone doing?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PPD check in: October 19

• Options
    I have had a really good week, thank God considering the weeks before my anxiety was cray.

Couple things going on for me:
    1. I just accepted a new job so in the next month and a half I will transition jobs and we will be relocating. So of course that means new daycare for the kids and new everything. I am excited but just trying to be mindful of how to take care of myself under these circumstances and try not to let the anxiety/insomnia etc. go full tilt.
    2. We did CIO with my daughter this week and she is finally sleeping better. She is a different baby and I feel better getting more sleep.
    3. A very good friend of mine just told me she is preggo and confessed she is having a really hard time, not happy about the baby, depressed, etc. I "confessed" my struggles with PPD the past few months and encouraged her to get help, offered my 24/7 support, etc. My heart is breaking for her. I do feel good about helping her and letting her know she's normal and she's not alone. Keep her in your T&Ps please.

Hope you all had a good week.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @smdukes your poor friend. I hate hearing that other people are struggling with this also. Hope the anxiety and depression ease up for her. So great that you're there to help.

I'm doing well. My psychologist released me from seeing her. She pretty much told me that I'm doing well enough that I don't need to see her anymore. That's great, but I was a little nervous about stopping just because I didn't feel 100%, but I guess that just takes time. I'm still going to my support group. I'm afraid to lose my connection with all the people who have been such a big help. We can relate to each other and that helps.
    I have been doing pretty well and I honestly am afraid to talk about it because I am scared it's not going to last. I'm like superstitious or something. Lol I just keep telling myself that its only going to get better from here.
    Hope everyone is doing better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a terrible week and basically came unglued at the therapist's office. But...silver lining...I'm now on the higher dose of Wellbutrin. So we'll see if that helps. If not, I'll have to switch to Zoloft, which really sucked for me last time. Fingers crossed.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    The good news - DH is doing a lot better. The meds are working and he's weaning off some meds and will transition to a less intensive therapy schedule.
    The bad news - I finally started feeling the fog lifting a bit but this past week I hurt my back and then had to get my teeth drilled and found out I need a root canal and crown. I was supposed to go to a support group for family members with mental illness but didn't because of my back. Tomorrow is my bday and I'm taking the day off of work for some me time so I'm hoping that'll help.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bad news. The higher dose of Wellbutrin only made me more anxious and agitated and made DD restless and fussy, so now I'm back on 150 mg once a day and adding 25 mg of Zoloft. I really need this to work. I'm desperate.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    @jenb_99‌ so sorry to hear that. Hopefully the combination of the two will work for you. It must be so frustrating and scary trying out different meds to see what works and doesn't cause a reaction.
    Good luck! Something will work soon:)
  • Options
    @Lissiehoya‌ yes! I have a major problem with motivation and productivity. I can't get nearly the amount of things done that I would normally get done around the house. It really upsets me especially in the beginning. I wouldn't do anything and would just think what is the point because I'm never going to have time to finish it.
  • Options
    @Lissiehoya‌ yes! I completely understand. I hate having a messy house, but it has been so messy since he was born. It really upsets me, but the depression has caused me to lack motivation and I was also discouraged because the baby would interrupt me anyway. The messy house would also keep me from having people over which would depress me more. Vicious circle!!! Luckily I'm doing better and I'm cleaning more now. Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"