Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Bleeding after D&C??

Hi everyone! I had a D&C done on Tuesday, and had little spotting after the procedure. Today, (Sunday) I am bleeding a little more. How much it a lot of blood? I haven't soaked a pad yet. Is it normal to start bleeding now??

Re: Bleeding after D&C??

• Yes it is. I started about 3 days after my D&C and it was on and off heavy for about a week I think. I will also warn you that your periods will probably be different now, too.

I am sorry for your loss. There is a sticky at the top of the page that gives accounts of people's experiences with D&Cs. Check it out for a more detailed explaination of everything if you haven't yet.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • I think I had more bleeding than most...but I had period type bleeding for two full weeks after my D&C.  So yes it's definitely normal.  The only thing to be watching for is soaking a pad in one hour- that's when you need to call the doctor.

Me:36, DH:37

DS born 11/2012

BFP 7/26/14, Missed M/C at 8 weeks, discovered at 10 wks, 6 days, D&C 9/22/14, Dx: Partial molar pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, totally normal. I bled for about 10 days after my D&C. Pretty much like a period, some days heavier than others. As long as you're not soaking through a pad in an hour you are ok.
    Married: 4/28/12
    BFP: 7/2/14 ;  1st US 7/21/14 Baby measuring 7w5d, HB of 138;  Discovered MMC 8/18/14 at 11w2d, baby measuring 8w5d, no hb ; 8/19/14 D&C

TTCAL December siggy challenge - Autocorrect Fails

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</My Chart

• Yes.  My bleeding was very strange after D & C.  It waited a couple of days to start, then it started and stopped.  Sometimes it was a bright red, others it was a brownish.  According to my doctor this is all normal.  It sucks just how unpredictable it can be.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"