High-Risk Pregnancy

popping over from d14 for support. new diagnosis.

Hi ladies-- I've been an active member of the bump for some time from ttgp to d14. I was also a knottie.
I am 32 weeks pregnant today and was diagnosed yesterday with HELLP syndrome. I have been admitted to the hospital and it looks as if staying here to be induced in the next few days. Anyone unfamiliar with HELLP (as I was until yesterday) it's basically a servere liver issue that is usually a result of preeclampsia (which I didnt have). The only treatment is delivery.
My husband and i are completely thrown since I've had a perfect pregnancy up until now.
Has anyone gone through this? Or know anyone who has?
*TEAM PINK*
TTC#1 Since November 2013 // BFP March 27, 2014 // EDD December 11, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

Re: popping over from d14 for support. new diagnosis.

• Lurker here... My cousin had HELLP that was not caught until it was an emergency. In your case, it's great that your team found the problem. After delivery, my cousin had a harder recovery, but neither she nor baby had lasting issues. She delivered at 39 weeks but baby had stopped developing a few weeks earlier due to the strain of her undiagnosed issues. He is doing fine at three years old now. My cousin had a second, uncomplicated pregnancy last year. Thoughts and prayers to you and your LO.

• Thanks for sharing! My little girl was delivered via section last night and is doing well! No breathing machine or other - just IV. We are so happy she's okay.
    *TEAM PINK*

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...

• Thanks for sharing! My little girl was delivered via section last night and is doing well! No breathing machine or other - just IV. We are so happy she's okay.

I'm glad she's doing well.  I didn't have HELLP, but I had severe pre-e, so I understand the shock of a sudden premature delivery.  If you haven't already done so, check out the preemie board.  I no longer post over there, but the ladies are fantastic and can give you some great support while you're in the NICU.  Given your GA at delivery, your baby should fare well and need minimal supports.  I'm really glad that she is not on O2!  I hope her NICU stay is as short and uneventful as possible.  Don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

Thanks for the reply:). It's been a crazy few days but so far everything is on track. I did post on the preemie board, thanks for the tip!!
    *TEAM PINK*

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"