Baby Names
Options

How we chose DDs name

For both of my pregnancies, we were team green, and had a boy and girl name chosen. My first born was a boy, named after my dad. If he was a girl, we had a family name for the middle, and a first name we just liked. For the second pregnancy, we recycled our girl name, feeling attached to it. We did have a girl, and now I feel like in some way, she's been a part of our family long before she was even conceived.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How we chose DDs name

• Options
    we have had our girl name picked out for a while now too, and had no clue on a boy name... so of course luck would dictate that we would be adopting a boy haha. i will for sure be recycling the girl name for the next round, and i hope it get to use it! i like your thought that it will kind of be like she's been around even before she was here! :) 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    With DS my DH had a name picked out that he had wanted to use since he was a kid.  I chose the middle name, then changed my mind at the hospital and gave DS my DH's name as his middle name instead.

For DD my DH wanted me to choose the first name.  I changed my mind pretty much biweekly and chose her name the day before she was born.  Her middle name was a family name I had wanted to use for many years.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have kind of an opposite situation with names. My H and I went through adoption before our surprise pregnancy. We had picked out the names Emmett and Olivia during our adoption process, but I didn't want to use either when pregnant. Our adoption process was really rough, and it seemed best just to let those names go. Every now and then I think about having a little Emmett or Olive, but I just don't think it was meant to be.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• Options
    Before we knew baby was a girl, we had decided on Alexander for a boy and Serrah for a girl. Nobody liked calling the baby "it" before we found out the sex, and MIL kept horribly mashing the names together. Finally I took the "Al" from Alexander and "era" from Serrah to make "Alera". Once we knew LO was a girl, we both decided we liked the name Alera. So Alera she remained! ^_^

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    We were team green with both kids. With DS we'd had the names picked out before we were even engaged and thinking about having kids. I started having reservations about our girl name (which was part of my reasoning why I knew we were having a boy). During my second pregnancy I didn't want to use the girls name we had chosen the first time. Because it took us so long to figure out a girls name (3 weeks before she was born), that was part of the reason I knew she was a girl.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

• Options
    That is very sweet!  I am the complete opposite.  I just can't pick a name for baby not conceived and not born yet.  I go into the delivery room with a couple names, and once they are born, I have to see them and get a feeling for what name I like best for them.  With my first, we really thought we were going to name him Bryce.  That is until a week before my due date, the name Quinn came up.  Once I saw him, we ended up naming him Quinn.  So, for my daughter, I just went in with a couple names, looked at her and we made a decision after she was born.  We were team green for my son, and I can't imagine using the girl name I had picked out back then on her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Options
    We had two girls' names picked when we had DD and chose after she was born, but are not recycling the second name for this pregnancy - it just felt weird. Strangely, a lot of the names that were on the short list for DD are not on the short list for this girl. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"