October 2013 Moms
Options

Gtky: what's in your diaper bag?

Every time I leave the house, I feel like I'm packing for a mini vacation. It got me wondering if everyone else does this too. So, what's in your diaper bag?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Gtky: what's in your diaper bag?

• Options
    bkeane619bkeane619 member
    edited October 2014
    Diapers, wipes, changing pad, vaseline, bib, books, a couple of cars for O, a bag of those plastic table placemat things. Edit: and a spare pair of clothes in case of blow out
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yea puffs
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    bkeane619 said:
    Diapers, wipes, changing pad, vaseline, bib, books, a couple of cars for O, a bag of those plastic table placemat things. Edit: and a spare pair of clothes in case of blow out

I JUST discovered those place mat things!!! I still haven't re!embered to pack them with me but I was all "where have you been all my life?!" When I saw them!

• Options
    bkeane619 said:

I JUST discovered those place mat things!!! I still haven't re!embered to pack them with me but I was all "where have you been all my life?!" When I saw them!

they are deft one of the best inventions ever. People stop and ask about them when we are out to eat all the time.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    One diaper, a hat, a jacket, homemade hand sanitizer and sleepy time oil, some change, a bunch of receipts, my wallet, teething tablets. I think that's it. I need to organize that mofo.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    Sippy cup, bibs, puffs, food pouch, baby Motrin, wipes, diapers, changing pad, pacifier, two toys, small blanket, extra change of clothes. And one compartment of random stuff for me.

imageimage    

• Options
    bkeane619bkeane619 member
    edited October 2014
    bkeane619 said:

Tell me more about these placemats?! A link maybe?! My bag has diapers, wipes, changing pad, Motrin and Tylenol, a book, a couple small toys, pacifier, extra clothes. I think that's about it.

https://www.target.com/c/placemats-feeding-baby/-/N-5xtka#!plp?category=5xtka&view_type=large&categoryId=4318 Table toppers they are called
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    Changing pad, diapers, wipes, toys, medicine ( Tylenol, gas drops, saline, suction), toys, sippy cup, socks, extra outfit, my wallet, keys, checkbook, pen, tampons, phone, pacifiers, spoons, and snacks.
  • Options
    I have the big one and then a purse that has everything below. I know that this is in it because and dumped it out today.
    Diapers, wipes, foldable changing pad clutch thing, spare outfit (top,bottom and sweatshirt), snacks (cherrios, puffs, wagon wheel things), jar of baby food, play phone, toy car, board book, pacifer(she like to play with it), single use pack of desitin and boogie wipes, a plastic table mat thing, granola bar, 2 pairs baby socks.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Okay, so I'm not the only one.
    :-bd

• Options
    Theres always the usual in there, 2 diapers/wipes, toys, travel snack thing frilled with puffs/cheerios and baby cheetos.  Before I leave I grab my wallet from my purse and throw it in there along with whatever Im feeding DS on the go so usually a string cheese, a mini ziplock of something like cooked sausage/chicken strips/veggies, a puree pouch and his sippy cup.  
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    The usual, diapers, wipes, a few soft toys, onesie, changing pad, hand sanitizer. I also keep a travel toothbrush holder of straws invade I forget a sippy cup.
  • Options
    The usual, diapers, wipes, a few soft toys, onesie, changing pad, hand sanitizer. I also keep a travel toothbrush holder of straws invade I forget a sippy cup.
    that's pretty clever!

• Options
    Too much stuff and I can't imagine when the new baby comes. Taking recommendations for big diaper bags.

• Options
    Honestly, my diaper bag doesn't see much action. But here's what's in it: changing pad, butt balm, wipes, diapers, extra onesie, A+A muslin blanket, extra baby socks, sunblock, baby hand sanitizer, a book, puffs, and those above mentioned placemat things. But he's figured out how to peel them off the table, so they don't do us much good!

• Options

Just the usual in mine: diapers, wipes, a extra onesie, extra pair of socks, diaper cream, sippy cup (I try to make sure I put water in it before leaving the house), lots of toys, a few cheap baby spoons, the sticky disposable placemats, puffs, a teether, a changing pad (just the little thin piece that came with the diaper bag)... I think that is it, I just cleaned it out this weekend b/c I couldn't even find anything in it anymore!

• Options
    Diapers, wipes, aquaphor, extra clothes, socks, bibs, a whole bag of toys, sanitizer, hand and face wipes, sanitizer wipes, keys, checkbook, carters coupons, pens, wallet, some kind of snack for me and DS, water, napkins. I think that's it...

• Options
    For 3 kids: In a toddler backpack 

Diapers 2 diapers per kid. More are put in if I plan on being out all day. (one is special needs and poops his pants still)

a small pack of wipes
    a spare pair of pants and undies for an older child (potty trained, but accidents happen, all 3 boys fit the same size of cloth pants)
    body suit for #5
    spare bottom for #4
    a small little toy or two for #5
    small note pad with a pen or colored pencil
    my wallet (really)
    few pairs of socks
    pack of crackers or two. Maybe suckers.
    2 plastic bags
    a small bottle of water
    few pair of socks

The sippy cup is carried by a child. I always have a pack of water and granola bars in my van. I also always have emergency diapers in the car. Force of habit. There have been times I have suddenly been caught out all day or stranded once  for several hours. In cooler weather there are also car blankets in the van already and there are always a few baby blankets so...

When #6 comes I will add 3 diapers for the baby, burp rag, and a body suit. Should still fit. I breast feed, so no need to have  a bottle or formula. 

Also another blanket will be put in the car and some burp rags.

DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Options
    deedee1017deedee1017 member
    edited October 2014
    Omg! @AlwaysForgetful how do you do it???

• Options
    on an average day, there are 2-3 diapers, wet bag, coconut oil, wipes, outfit for the boy, pants and undies for the girl, and hand sanitizer.

• Options
    Omg! @Al*ts/waysForgetful how do you do it???

@deedee1017 What do you mean? Packing it all in? Honestly, I am not a purse person. #1 came home on a heart/apnea monitor. They have a small pocket int he front. I learned to roll my diapers and clothes just right so I could fit what I needed into that bad. I didn't want to have to carry any more than #1 in an infant carrier (proved to be easier to have him in one with all the wires) and the monitor that he wore 24/7 the first year and when he was sleeping or in the car for 6 months after that.

Part of it is knowing what to pack. Like for the pants, cloth pants roll up smaller than jeans. Body suits roll up small as well. So I use those as spares. Diapers can roll up really compact as well! And it only takes a second. Wipes compact down well if put into a plastic zip lock bag. I prefer the sliding closure ones. Toys for the 1 year old don't need to be large. Honestly, we are talking maybe fake keys, a car or two, a few of the duplo blocks... The water bottle is that small sized one. Not a full sized. 

And I need to make sure it is light enough for the almost 3 year old to carry. Which it is!  She gets mad if she isn't the one to carry it. Works for me.  I use to have one of the boys be in charge of it.

DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Options
    For my 3 yr old and 1 yr old- wipes, dipes, snacks, water. I keep a change of clothes for both in the car.for the poster asking about when number 2- backpack. I tried to be all cute with a handmade etsy one and just gave up and now use my high school backpack- it's perfect- big, lots of pockets and I'm not slinging it over my shoulder all the time.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I am so bad at the diaper bag. Always forgetting something. We always have: couple of diapers, wipes, wet bag, and spare outfit....and I usually throw in a pacifier, hand sanitizer, snacks...a toy?
    I have a small pocket for myself where I keep money, Chapstick and tampons.
  • Options
    I subscribe to the "Doomsday prepper" school of diaper bags. 

A Diaper clutch with diapers and wipes, snacks, bib, change of clothes, doggie poo bags, wallet, Chapstick, legal pad, phone, pens, laptop, and keys.

I have a small diaper bag in my office with diapers, wipes, tylenol, gas drops, snacks, toys and clothes. 

I have "the emergency diaper bag" in my car with diapers, wipes, swim diapers, warm clothes, light clothes, toys, food, swim suits, baby cup, bibs, shoes, blankets, towels, umbrella, dog treats, doggie poo bags, clothes for me, first aid, $40, and bottled water. The emergency diaper bag is a holdover from my pre-baby adventure bag.
    November: Doing my own thing

• Options
    I subscribe to the "Doomsday prepper" school of diaper bags. 

A Diaper clutch with diapers and wipes, snacks, bib, change of clothes, doggie poo bags, wallet, Chapstick, legal pad, phone, pens, laptop, and keys.

I have a small diaper bag in my office with diapers, wipes, tylenol, gas drops, snacks, toys and clothes. 

I have "the emergency diaper bag" in my car with diapers, wipes, swim diapers, warm clothes, light clothes, toys, food, swim suits, baby cup, bibs, shoes, blankets, towels, umbrella, dog treats, doggie poo bags, clothes for me, first aid, $40, and bottled water. The emergency diaper bag is a holdover from my pre-baby adventure bag.
    In the event of an emergency, I'm coming by you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"